Time Bomb

Author's Note
This is my first fanfic so go easy if you ABSOLUTELY HATE IT

Brief Summary; High school AU, Stiles is being bullied by Derek Hale and his life fucking sucks. But when some things happen one day when Derek is picking on Stiles in the empty locker room, Derek is put in an awkward position. Things go from bad to worse when they're forced to work together in a group project and all his feelings feelings are brought out into the open.

Original Idea came from a couple of tumblr posts (see description)

Keep in mind I'm English so if y'all don't understand some of the words y'all are gonna have to deal with it. This also means I know next to nothing about the American education system!

Enjoy the fic! :3

___________________________________________________________

Stiles POV

As a 16 year old high school student, not many things about Stiles Stilinski's life were certain yet. But he knew one thing at least, that right now his life fucking sucked.

It's not like he was doing badly in school or anything, because he wasn't, in fact he had a 3 point GPA, a great job at a local bakery downtown that he got payed a pretty decent wage for and he managed (somehow) to get onto the lacrosse team at his school, even if he just sat on the bench the whole time. No it wasn't any of that it was everything else.

For starters his mum had died two years ago when he was only 14, I mean he was supposed to be worrying about what subjects to study in high school and getting good enough grades for them, not helping his drunken and depressed dad plan a funeral. Speaking of his dad, as the town sherif, he was hardly ever there and Stiles found that most of the time he would have to look after himself.

And on top of that was the glowing. The glowing was a strange thing that would happen when a person found their soulmate in which basically their chest area would pulse with light in time wit their heartbeat. It was a sign from the universe that two people were meant to be together. It can either happen when you first meet a person or later after you've known them for a while.

In itself that doesn't seem to be much of a problem but to Stiles it really was. Normally the glowing started happening to people after they turned sixteen. That's what the problem was, Stiles had been 16 for 5 months now, still nothing. What made it worse was that his best friend Scott McCall turned 16 a couple of weeks ago and last night called Stiles at 3am to tell him that he'd met this new girl in his maths class called Allison Argent. Basically she'd gone to the animal clinic where Scott worked and the glowing happened. Stiles was happy for his friend he really was. Although Scott was sickeningly smitten with her despite only knowing her for about a week.

Stiles turned the corner in his old Jeep, having to turn on the wipers as the low drizzle got heavier. In the distance through the rain he could see Beacon Hills High School, which is where he'd spent the past few years of his academic life with Scott and they'd sort of ended up remarkably un glowing bachelors. He pulled into the school and parked his Jeep in his regular space. Even from where he sat Stiles could see Scott and Allison swapping salvia under a tree.

'And they say romance is dead' he thought to himself. He continued watching the pitiful display taking place under the tree in horror as Scott appeared to be trying to ear Allison's face off. 'That can't be fun for Allison' he thought. Stiles continued to watch for a few more seconds and quickly decided that wasn't something he wanted to interrupt so got out of his Jeep, pulled his hood over his head to stop from getting his hair soaking wet, jammed his headphones in and walked round to the back of the school to use the other entrance.

As he rounded the corner of the school he saw something else he really didn't want to, Derek Hale and his pack of lackeys. They all sat around the wheelchair ramp, which was used (or not used) by only one student who had ended up deciding to brave the main entrance because it was the place of congregation for Derek and his stupid friends. Despite knowing this is where they hung out Stiles had really hoped that they wouldn't be at school this early. He put his music to full volume so that 'All Time Low' blasted into his ears, and tried to refrain from running towards the door.

"Hey Stilinski!" Derek called out.

'Shit!' Stiles thought, walking faster.

"Yo Stilinski I'm talking to you!" Derek shouted louder

Stiles could sense movement behind him.

"HEY STILINSKI!" Stiles felt something connect with the back of his head, hard. He faltered, his head throbbing. 'Fuck that hurt'

Even with the sound of Alex Gaskarth loudly singing about a ticking time bomb filling his ears, Stiles could still hear Derek's group laughing behind him. It made him want to run straight home, crawl back into the safe warmth of his bed and never leave it again. Unfortunately he still had six hours of school to endure through. Maybe he would've braved witnessing more of Scott and Allison's disgusting make out display if it meant not having what seemed to be an old shoe thrown at his head.

Despite being it's target Stiles couldn't help snicker at Derek's bizarre choice of weapon.

As he flopped himself down at a desk for registration Stiles looked at his timetable; Double Gym, or as he called it 'standing on the sidelines getting shouted at by Coach Finstock, Derek and his idiotic friends for doing nothing while they got way too worked up about a stupid game of football.' Stiles let out a deep sigh. Today was just going to be one of those days...