The Locker Room

Derek's POV

Derek Hale was royally pissed off. His day had started off okay; he got up early which surprisingly enough he was fine with, Derek was actually a morning person. He'd done his morning work out like normal, this mainly consisted of weightlifting, push ups, sit ups, and crutches. Thus meaning he was pretty awake that morning, topping that off by having a large mug of coffee certainly heightened Derek's ability to stay awake and alert. This was good thing to be on a Wednesday morning seeing as he had double gym.

This morning that meant lacrosse, which meant a good two hours of taking out any pent up aggression on people by smashing into them to get the ball and then using all his strength to Snead home another goal. Derek couldn't help being a little smug after knocking over Scott McCall and scoring yet another goal.

Derek, even if he did say so himself, was on top form. So why was he pissed off? Two words: Stiles Stilinski.

He had thought he'd taught the boy enough of a lesson earlier with the shoe he found on the floor. Apparently he was wrong. He wasn't sure he'd ever seen someone so utterly useless at lacrosse as Stilinski was. He was going to have to have a word with Finstock about why the kid was allowed anywhere near a lacrosse stick let alone on the team. Most days Derek wouldn't have care about Stiles' lacrosse abilities but he did today, today it mattered, today he was on Derek's team. That meant he was playing by Derek's rules. That meant actually playing.

Derek could only watch from the other side of the pitch as Greenburg clumsily dropped the ball right at Stiles' feet, earning him a string of abuse from the coach. Again, most days Derek would've laughed as Greenburg was forced to do laps. Not this time. Instead he just watched Stiles looked, dazed, between the ball at his feet and the mass of people charging at him.

Derek cursed under his breath "STILINSKI!" he yelled. Snapping the boy out of his trace, he made eye contact with Derek for a second before he was toppled to the muddy, frozen ground by a wall of adrenaline fuelled teenage boys.

Derek watched helplessly as Jackson Whittemore, captain of the lacrosse team, skilfully scooped the ball away from all the other players and sprinted down the field, and effortlessly guiding the ball into the back of Derek's team's net.

'FUCKING HELL!' Derek internally screamed, not wanting to join Greenburg doing laps. He stormed over to Stiles who was spread eagled in the mud. Derek had to suppress a snort as he looked down at the pitiful mess in front of him. "Get up" he demanded. The other boy just groaned before opening his eyes to look at Derek, who, much to the other boy's surprise, offered him a hand which he took. Derek watched the confusion and gratitude in his eyes turn to surprise as he put his other hand on Stiles' chest, pushing him back down into the frozen mud. "That's what you get for being a useless fucking waste of space Stilinski!" Derek spat.

"Y'know what Derek just fuck off! And while you're at it calm the fuck down it's a game for god's sake!" The other boy retorted, venom in every word.

"That's it Stilinski you better watch your back" Derek snarled.

"I'm really scared Derek really I am"

"You should be" Derek cursed himself for using such an obvious comeback.

Whatever Stiles said next was cut off by the piercing screech of Finstock's whistle that signalled the end of the game.

"Watch your back" Derek repeated before turning around and marching back inside.

***

Once he was showered and back in his normal clothing of a T-shirt, jeans and a leather jacket, Derek made for the changing room door. He grabbed his friend Isaac's arm as he leaned in next to his ear and whispered "watch the door", nodding in the direction of Stiles. Isaac did as he was told, waiting just outside the door in order to make sure any younger students or teachers would enter.

Derek walked over to Stiles, moved in closely behind him and said "don't move". Stiles froze. Derek laughed

'Clearly not as confident knowing McCall isn't here is he?' Derek had watched as Scott had rushed off to go to his next class so he knew that the goofy and hyperactive idiot would be walking in on them.

Once everyone had left the changing room Derek turned to the scrawnier boy and threw him to the floor. Stiles crashed into the bench, crying out in pain. Derek looked down on him with a sly grin. He grabbed Stiles by the collar of his T-shirt, yanking him off the floor. He raised his arm back behind his head and brought it down his fist slamming into Stiles' jaw. Derek retained his tight grip on the boys shirt meaning that his body lurching to the side ripped it down the middle enough to expose some of Stiles' bare chest.

"Well then Stilinski, hope you're getting the message" Derek laughed

"What the hell Derek?!" Stiles managed to get out, blood trailing from his mouth making it difficult for him to talk. Derek couldn't help laugh at the pathetic excuse for a boy in front of him.

"Obviously not." Derek snarled whirling around, arm still firmly gripped onto Stiles' shirt slamming him into the locker, his head hitting the metal with a loud crack. Stiles' eyes rolled back in head as he passed out. Derek laughs avian feeling pleased with himself, certain this will get the message across as he releases his hold on the limp body causing it to crash to the floor in a heap yet again.

It's as Derek's walking away to collect his bag that he begins to feel this strange and loud pounding noise in his head. The noise reverberates around Derek's whole body. he can feel it in every bone, every muscle and every cell of his body. He reeled around the locker room crashing into the benches and lockers. He clamped hands over his ears as he drops to the floor. His eyes are tightly shut as he curls himself into a ball and trying his best not to scream. Every fibre in his body is screaming in agony, his eyes burn and his jaw aches from being clamped shut. As suddenly as it began he feels the pulsing subside, becoming more acute until he can move again. Derek staggers to his feet clutching his chest, the only place where he can still feel the pounding, despite still having a ringing sound in his ears. He looks down at the hand covering his shirt. The pounding has died down to just his regular heartbeat. Just when he thinks it's all over he removed his hand from his chest and looks down

'It can't be no! No way.' Derek thought as he practically ran from the locker room. Causing a very surprised Isaac to nearly jump out of his skin.

"JESUS CHRIST DEREK!" He shouts. Although Derek isn't paying much attention, he's bolting for the school entrance. As he sprints out into the car park he fumbles with is keys for a while, hands shaking like crazy

'Get it together Derek' he chastises himself.

He finally gets a hold of his car keys and unlocks his Camaro. He starts the engine and flaws the accelerator to get out of school. He has to get away. He speeds through the streets of Beacon Hills, desperate to get home. He narrowly avoids crashing into a truck he didn't see because of the torrential rain which seems to have just suddenly started again. His hands were still shaking as he tried to turn the wipers on so he ended up turning the lights on and off again several times. Giving up he concentrates on the road which will lead him away from the school and the events of the locker room.

Pulling up on the driveway he dashes inside the house he shares with his Uncle Peter. He throws open his bedroom door. Locks it and slides down it slowly. Curling himself up into a tight ball again not caring that his clothes had got soaked through in the brief period of time he was outside. The whole scenario of the locker room replayed in Derek's head endlessly, his mind racing with so many questions. He looked down at his sodden shirt, through which he could still see a pulsing blue light that was in time with is heartbeat. The thing was this wasn't what Derek was worried about, he'd been curious about when this would happen ever since he turned sixteen. What Derek was worried about was who it actually was. He could still see the image in his head. The boy lying across the locker room from him, crumpled on the floor, unconscious. The boy Derek had spent the day and a lot of time before that tormenting. The person who turned out to be the one his heart beat for all along. The one the universe or whatever god there was had picked out for him. The scrawny, pale, defenceless boy that was terrible at lacrosse. And as much as Derek didn't want to accept it, and even though the person themselves didn't know it the boy who was his one and only soul mate

Stiles Stilinski.