Heterochromia: Case Three

{Fanfiction: DC. Characters used are from Lyght series/Forbidden Desire}

Prompt: "Soul mate AU where everybody is born with heterochromia- your right eye is your natural color but your left is that of your soul mate's."

Case Three: She didn't know if she was the laughing stock of the entire town. She was definitely the weirdest of anyone. Her parents seriously thought about home schooling her, to keep others from making fun of her or staring at her. When Tabitha Lyght was born, her left eye was definitely of a different color. Unlike most of the naturally brown-eyed people, hers wasn't a different shade of brown. In fact, she and her family would've accepted any other color... except ruby red. If that wasn't bad enough, the color took over her entire eye: pupil, iris and sclera included. It diminished the hopes of her at least wearing a contact lens to conceal it.

It wasn't as bad as the Lyght family imagined for their only daughter. It helped that Tabitha had four brothers willing to defend their sister at all costs. Her odd red eye guaranteed she had little to no friends throughout school. It did, however, make her an interesting case to scientists and conspiracy theorists around; her red eye was solid proof that whoever her soul mate was, was definitely alien.

Once in high school, she made a bit more friends. She became more comfortable with her oddity, especially with people more fascinated that she proved the existence of aliens. Many theories were born as far as what an alien would be like, with a few of her female associates jealous of the possibilities that would present themselves to Tabitha. She preferred not to think about those "possibilities" and tried to live as normal of a life as possible.

She had a feeling that her uniqueness played a part in how quickly she was accepted into the military. She really wanted to have something to do with space and space exploration; NASA seemed to be a perfect fit for her. However, taking her ASVAB proved that she was only fit for supply. She had hoped that she would be able to live a somewhat normal life with that job.

Being the only one in the world with a red eye, Tabitha learned at an early age she had to work hard for whatever she wanted. She wanted people to take her seriously and not be deemed as a sideshow freak. She did exceptionally well in boot camp and the four-month schooling for her supply job. All of her hard work earned the young woman quick promotions in the beginning of her military career. While she was a bit disappointed that she would never go near space, she decided to make the best out of things and turn her abrupt enlistment into a career.

That plan was cut short when a surprise meeting turned into a volunteer program for a beta experiment. She knew that she would be the first to try it and it ended up literally killing her. The general over the experiment, instead of notifying anyone, had Tabitha's body dumped hundreds of miles away from her hometown. Luckily, she was resuscitated by an electrical storm and found out that she had gained lightning elemental powers.

The month she spent in that alleyway was brutal, especially seeing that she had no control over her new powers. Tabitha accidentally electrocuted anyone who came near her and was eventually left alone. The only time her powers were under control was during the little times she could get sleep. At least no one said anything about her red eye; they had other things on their minds!

She was saved by a woman who called herself a doctor and was relieved. Within a few moments, the woman figured out that Tabitha's powers were emotionally based. Once that was settled, the woman took Tabitha in and tried to teach her all she could in at least controlling those lightning powers.

Staying with the Lindseys was one of the greatest things that ever happened to her. The only questions she had to answer about her eye was because of the five-year-old Lindsey triplets. She knew immediately that it was fate Dr. Lindsey and herself had met once she saw the left eye of the Lindsey girl; Tabitha and her soul mate would have a boy... and that boy would be Solonia's soul mate. It was the only explanation for the noticeable red ring around the girl's left brown eye.

It would be three years later when Tabitha finally met her soul mate. She had been through a lot; teaming up with Spider-Man in New York, fighting the general who was responsible for her change, moving to Gotham City and fighting crime alongside Batman. The one thing she loved about being a super heroine was that her mask hid her eyes from the public. She had met a gorgeous detective who was, of course, fascinated with her red eye but tried to ignore it for the most part.

But, Tabitha had a problem with rage. It was determined by Dr. Jamila Lindsey and a colleague of hers that Tabitha had a second, mutant DNA strand responsible for her lightning powers. It was fighting for dominance over her regular DNA and caused her to go into periods of blackout rages. The trigger was her emotions, particularly anger. Bruce Wayne noticed it and called the only people he knew that could help: his fellow founding members from the Justice League.

After a horrible episode of her rage, he asked three members to meet the two in the Batcave. Tabitha was fighting her emotions while they waited but knew that whatever they had in store for her would be for the best. Three members materialized quickly in front of her eyes, giving her a start. She calmed down but her heart thumped hard in her chest as she stared at the member who was very different from the others. If he was of a normal human color, she would've seen him blush furiously. Kal-El and Diana gawked at the lightning woman and then turned immediately to J'onn, who continued to stare in awe at the white-haired woman in front of them.

Tabitha couldn't stop blushing. J'onn J'onzz towered over everyone in the Batcave. There was little left to the imagination as he donned blue briefs and red straps that intersected into an X across his chest. His massive blue cape easily flowed to the ground. His face was humanoid, with the exception of a beetle brow and green skin. Tabitha thought that he was absolutely stunning, even with his red eyes filled with astonishment. She was rendered speechless as she simply stared at him. She wanted to hide her face but knew that it was too late; the Martian had seen her red eye, which had probably already turned to her normal brown. The alien, the superhero Martian, was her soul mate.

Tabitha's eyes widened and she shot a glare towards Bruce, who had a smirk on his face.

"You could've told me..." she growled through gritted teeth.

"And miss seeing the looks on both of your faces? I think not..."