Heterochromia: Case One

{Fanfiction: DC. Characters used are from Lyght series/Forbidden Desire}

Prompt: "Soul mate AU where everybody is born with heterochromia- your right eye is your natural color but your left is that of your soul mate's."

Case One: The one thing that Jamila knew about her soul mate was that they would be white; she knew of no black people with green eyes. She didn't have a problem with it. She actually didn't care; no one was going to tell her who to love.

Since the beginning of time, a phenomenon was placed on human beings. Everyone was born with two different eye colors: their right eye was their natural one but their left eye? That was their soul mate's eye color. That left eye only changed to a person's natural eye color once they met their soul mate. She almost didn't believe in soul mates. When she got older, she started to feel bad for those with two brown eyes. There were a lot of people where you could tell the distinction between the two shades of brown. For those like her mother, the difference was slight.

In a way, she took pride in the fact that she was different. Had she been interested in finding a soul mate, at least it wouldn't be as stressful as it was for other natural brown-eyed people.

She almost didn't get married. But she had to convince the guy that she didn't care what eye color she possessed. When they met, it didn't go unnoticed that his left was identical to her right; his natural color was so dark of a brown, it appeared nearly black. She had a chestnut brown right eye. Regardless, she knew that things would work out for the two; she was, after all, his soul mate. That was all that mattered to her.

Although her eye never changed, it didn't stop her from loving him completely. Jamila even gave birth to triplets, taking note that the boys' left eyes were varying shades of brown. The girl was special; her eye being an odd mix of a brown pupil with a red ring around it. She shrugged and told herself that she would worry about it when the three became of age to begin looking for their soul mates. All she knew was that being a mother made her the happiest person on the planet.

Things would change five years later. A super heroine entered her life and the two became the best of friends. When she found out that her friend was going to be a part of the Justice League, Jamila was invited onboard Watchtower as the super heroine went through her initiation phase. The Justice League needed her say in how the young woman was; Jamila had a feeling that whatever she had to say would be the factor they needed to allow her to join.

She was beyond excited to be aboard; the superheroes that cluttered her children's walls were right in her face. She was guided through by Martian Manhunter as they made idle conversation. When they reached a random door, she felt a presence behind them. They both looked and she couldn't help but to smile. The Flash was her youngest favorite superhero; she knew the red suit by heart. It wasn't as firetruck red as the pictures made it seem; it was more of a burgundy than anything. But it wasn't the snug suit that made her slightly gasp. His mask covered his face with the exceptions of his nose on down... and his eyes. What little of his face that was shown turned nearly the same shade as his suit when he looked at her. They both saw it: his left eye was a chestnut brown while hers was a brilliant green.

And just when they both noticed it, their left eyes transformed into their natural colors. She couldn't believe it. The Flash was her soul mate...? She saw that he was just as flabbergasted as she was but a smirk finally appeared on his face. He took the time to remove his mask, revealing fiery red hair that flopped messily around his ears. He was gorgeous, Jamila shamefully admitted. Her entire body flushed as he stuck his hand out.

"I'm... Wally..."

"... Ja-Jamila..."