Chapter 3: The Science Project

//Robert's POV\\

"Hello, Robert! How was school?" Professor asked

"The bestest ever!! I just got a scholarship in Canada AND I got a new best friend!" I exclaimed

"This calls for a celebration!! How about we go to the carnival today?"

"What's a carnival?" I asked

"You'll see..." Professor said

I called Dylan. I thought he was upstairs but he wasn't answering at all. I called him again. Still nothing! I went upstairs and nobody was there. I ran back downstairs and told professor.

"Professor, have you seen Dylan?" I asked

"No. I haven't seen him all day! I didn't check upstairs cause I thought he was still re-charging! Where could he be?" Professor protested.

Suddenly my school bag started to move. I took a spatula and professor took a frying pan. Some very weird but useful weapons. The bag kept moving. We slowly moved towards my moving bag. I hope it's not a rat or something. I hate rats! I opened the bag and out came......DYLAN?!

"Dylan! What were you doing in my bag?!" I said

"Well.... I couldn't just leave you there! What if you got hurt?!" He said

"I think I might have made Dylan a bit... Overprotective...." Professor said

"Professor!" I whisper-screamed.

Professor just shrugged.

"Anyways...let's go to the carnival!"

We all wore rocket boots. Who knew, right?

We went to the carnival. Wow, so noisy! We stayed at the carnival until noon. It was so fun! But the cotton candy taste awful! How can humans eat such food! No wonder professor let's us robots, oil. Oh well. At home my battery has never been that low before so me and Dylan went straight to our re-charging area. I remember the last time I had no energy anymore. I wasn't moving or talking or anything! After that day, professor agreed on letting me re-charge daily. Everything was much better.

And then...something very strange happened. I met a girl at the archery booth she said she works there...

"Hello! I would like that teddy bear please." I said

"Oh sorry sir, but you need to hit that red target over there to win the teddy bear. You have three chances." She said

"How do you use this device?" I asked

"Very simple, really.'' She said then she demonstrated and she hit the target perfectly. Then she handed me the weird-looking device and I also hit the target perfectly. She handed the teddy bear to me. The perfect, brown, teddy. This girl looked so beautiful. Especially when she smiles at me. When we were about to go home I waved goodbye to her and she waved back. I smiled. This strange feeling came to me....something I never experienced before. Is this what it feels like to finally be in LOVE? I know it sounds crazy for a robot to fall in love. But I don't care. No I can stop me. I plan to meet with her again next weekend.

"Goodnight, Robert. Goodnight, Dylan" professor said.

"Goodnight professor!" I said

I just can't wait for tomorrow.

~The Next Day...~

I woke up very happy the next day. I love school! I just can't wait!! I went to school and I made sure Dylan won't go in my backpack. I drank my oil and I set off. After falling in love the whole world seems to be dancing before me!! I went to school. Some people were throwing balls of paper at me but I don't care! Nothing can go wrong on this perfect day!! I saw Andrew and gave him another Hi-5! And this time, gently! When I was inside the classroom I felt even more happy! I sat down on my seat then the bell rang.

"Good morning class! As you all know right now it's science class and today we will choose our lab partners since today we are having this semester's first science project. In this box I am holding right now has the names of all the boys in this class. The girls will get 1 paper and whoever's name is written there will be your permanent partner for this whole school year." Teacher said

Andrew started mouthing something at me. I think he said: "good luck!" So I started mouthing: "you too, buddy!" He gave me a thumbs up and I gave him a thumbs up too. I'm sure my lab partner could turn into another best friend!

The girls lined up I saw one girl that looks very familiar... She took a pice of paper and read aloud:

"Robert the Robot"

She looked at me and I realized who she is! She was the girl at the carnival! She saw me and smiled? She ran towards me and said:

"Hey....Your the guy at the carnival!"

She reached her hand out and said

"Emily Blake. You must be Robert the robot! I'm sure we will be very best friends."

I smiled and said:

"I hope so."

We shook hands. She looks even more beautiful up close!

"Ok class, let's start the project."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Hey guys! Fasten your seat belts 'cause the next chapter is about to get better! :D