Chapter 4.

// Zayn's P.O.V //

"Hey Zayn!." It was Liam. We had just finished school and gotten out early.

"Hey." I smiled.

"What's up?"

"Not much, Just gunna sit home until parents get out of work."

"I was wondering if you wanted to go get lunch." 

I blushed immediately thinking if he was asking me on a date... I liked him. "Sure."

"Where do you wanna eat?'

"I like chicken." (As cliche' as that sounds)

"Hm. Why don't we go to Chipotle? Cause I am feelin a burrito and you can get stuff with chicken there."

"Ok."

—-

"I'll have a burrito with steak and chicken, black beans, veggies, lettuce, queso and guacamole." Liam ordered.

"I'll have the three tacos (Corn Shell), with chicken, and guacamole, and lettuce." I stuttered. "Also a side of the chips." Liam smiled at me.

Within a few minutes our food was ready. We sat at a high window seat. Liam had paid for my food which I told him not too.

"How was your classes Zayn?'

"Good." I didn't tell him about the note kids passed around that said fag, or that I was late and a teacher already lectured me. Someone else told me I should also get beat more because they saw the bruise above my eye. "What about you?"

"It was good except girls kept hitting on me like.. I'm fucking gay." He laughed. I saw a sparkle in his eyes. I looked down at my tacos and giggled.

"True."

"Yea. Zayn I never asked... What happened to your eye."

"Oh. I w.. was clumsy and walked into the door of my shower. Silly me!."

I actually thought what happened that night.

/////

"Zayn! Why the hell aren't these dishes cleaned?" My Dad came in a yelled at me.

"Cause Mum told me to leave them be."

"I don't care what she fucking said. I don't give a rats ass you are the laziest underhanded fuck in this house. You are worth nothing fag." He slapped me. Then he hit me repeatedly in the area above my eye. "Good for nothing son of a bitch."

He then stormed out. I got up and looked in my mirror. My eye was throbbing and starting to turn purple.

/////

"Zayn?" 

"Ooops." I had zoned out.

"It's ok. I just got worried. How are the tacos?" He was already halfway through his burrito. I had only taken a bite. I blushed. I ate into a taco. "Yum." I savored the taste because I never got fed at home and had to fend for myself. "I really appreciate you taking me out to lunch Liam."

"My pleasure. You're sweet Zayn. I like you."

"Oh my god..... Really?"

"Yea. If you don't feel the same I understand."

"Liam! Don't say that I am actually quite surprised that you like a guy like me."  I said shocked. "I mean look at me."

"Zayn shut up. You're fabulous I don't see why people don't like you. You're very attractive and you are so kind."

I blushed. "Liam...." I giggled

"Eat up my man." He giggled. I felt my heart start to feel warm.  Liam made me feel like I had some worth.

——

A/N: Sorry filler chapter. But I do have some surprises coming up. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. I am going to start writing every Wednesday because I don't have class or work. I hope you enjoy, thanks for reading my story :)