Chapter 34:

When I got home, after my mental break down, my mum was standing in the hallway, tapping her foot impaitiently. I kissed Xander goodbye and pushed past my mum.

"Explain yourself!" She demanded. I ignored her and looked at the time. 8:30. I didn't care. "It's 8:30! I thought you had been kidnapped!" I went into my room, mum tagging along. "I said explain yourself!" I just lay on my bed. She sat next to me and put a hand on my arm. I shook it off and turned away. "Is it because Xander broke up with you?"

"Fuck off mum!!" I yelled at her.

"Don't talk to me like that!" She said, hurt. I began crying. "Look, baby, I'm trying to help you but you won't tell me what's wrong."

"It's him." I said, pointing to the door.

"Who?"

"Connor." I sobbed loudly.

"What?!"

"I don't want you to get married to him! How could you do that to dad?!"

"What!? So you don't want me to be happy?"

"Of course I want you to be happy, it's just why do you have to get married?!?!" I sobbed.

"Your father is dead, you've got to learn to move on!" She said getting up and walking out. I screamed into my pillow. I heard the door open. I looked up and saw Connor. I felt guilty. He's really nice and not to mention treats my mum really well. He sat down next to me and rubbed my back.

"Millie, I'm really sorry." He started. "I won't marry your mum if you don't want."

"No, please you have to. She seems really happy with you. It's just I didn't think she'd move on so fast from my dad." I explained.

"I understand. I was the same with my parents. I still don't call my step dad 'dad'. I call him by his first name."

"Plus, you really help me as well." I said with a smile. "I'm not pissed of with you, I'm just pissed off with my mum."

"Okay, well you look tired, how about you get some rest?" He said, kissing me on the forehead. I nodded and turned over. Once he was out of the room, I went over to my wardrobe and got into my Totoro onsie, grabbed my laptop and snuggled into bed. I opened my laptop and went onto Skype. Xander was on, so was Jess, Courtney and Charlie. I clicked on his name. It came up with his profile. I clicked the video call button. He came on line straight away and answered.

"Hey!" He said.

"Hey," I replied. "I need to talk to you."

"Sure, what's up?"

"My mum's engaged."

"Oh," he said. "Well, congratulations! What's the problem?"

"She moved on from my dad too fast!"

"Right, well, it's her life and her decisions, and I'm sure she wouldn't do anything to hurt you on purpose. She knows it's right and that you'll eventually be happy. It may take a while but don't worry, I'm here for you. Do you wanna come over to my place?"

"Charlie! I have a boyfriend!" I warned. He stared blankly at me. "Who is moving back to Canada in a month or 2." I said under my breath. His face lit up.

"Does that mean I have a chance?" He asked. I just nodded. He gave a fist pump and blew a kiss to me.