Chapter 21: Before The Storm

Three Days before the Third Task came around.

"Just one week from now." Hermione thought to herself, "In just one week, a champion will win."

She couldn't accept the fact that the winner would go down in history and the other three would just be normal wizards and witches. Nothing else. She loved Cedric but she wanted Harry to live.

Walking down the corridors of the school. Daydreaming off in her own land as she walked very happy down the halls. She didn't even know someone was following her. Hermione then turned around and bumped into someone.

"I'm surprised you didn't bump into any walls on your way here." Cedric said.

"Cedric?" Hermione said as she tried to get back into reality. "Cedric! How did you know I was here?"

"I saw you walking down oh so happily." Cedric replied.

"I didn't think you noticed."

"Well I saw you exit the Great Hall differently. I mean I haven't seen you in a while."

"Ced," Hermione said as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "so what are your thoughts on the third task?"

"Well, I don't really know. Only been practicing my spells I know." He responded as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Cedric slid his thumb over her lips. Hermione's lips all of a sudden got dry and she ended up licking them. She just noticed she licked his thumb. He watched her tongue go over her lips. Hermione looked into the stormy gray eyes.

"You know your beautiful dark chocolate brown eyes are like a pool," Cedric complemented her, "so deep that every time I look at you, I'm afraid I will drown, in your beautiful."

"You know, I can't" Hermione said back, "I can't"

"You can't what Hermione?"

"I can't let you...let you," she said tears rubbing down her face.

"Hermione," He said as he wiped her tears away. "Please tell me."

"I can't let you go." Hermione whimpered.

"Hermione, I won't leave you ever."

"But..but what if?"

"But what if what? The maze attacks me and I die?"

"Ced...please."

Cedric didn't really know what she was asking for but he just kissed her. Hermione accepted the kiss back. It was the two minutes of their life that they loved most of all.

   "Hermione," he said as he broke the kiss, "when the third task comes around, my parents will be here to see it.

   "And?"

   "I want you to meet them...both of them."

   "Definitely. I will."
~~~~~
    The next day came along. Hermione was in the common room reading for a bit before she would soon meet Cedric's parents. It wasn't that she was scared but she was making sure she was herself in front of them but not spoiling what happened with her and Cedric. Ginny came into the room and saw her in.

   "Hermione!" Ginny exclaimed.

   Hermione looked behind her, "Ginny!"

   "Are you ready for the third task?"

   "Why would I be ready?"

   "I mean is Cedric ready?"

   "I don't know. I haven't talked to him in a while. Actually I'm lying, I talked to him yesterday but we didn't talk about it."