The Murder Princess-Expectations

My hands went straight through the wooden table that was next to me breaking down into splinters.

My breaths were uneven and my eyes were getting hazy.

“What are you talking about?” I asked looking at the council men and Master

All of the council men took a step back except for Master who knew I wouldn’t threatened him but the other council men I wouldn’t hesitant to kill.

Amelia, settle down and all of your questions will be answered.” He said calmly

I growled in protest but regained my posture and looked at Master, “Yer’ gunna tell me what’s this is about old man?”

“All of you should go see to the preparations towards the King’s Funeral.” Master told the other council men. All of them hurried out more than happy to be away from the monster in the room,

Master took a seat on the chair that was next to him and pointed me to sit down too, I quickly took my seat hoping the faster I did what he said the faster I would get answers.

Master took in a deep breath, “The King-may he rest in peace-knew that he was going to die. So he took it upon himself that his daughter would be safe no matter what.”

“What does that have to do with me?” I asked

“The King wants someone who can take care of them self, who has been trained to take place of the Princess until Leckman is killed or has been taken under custody. The King chose you to be that person,”

I snorted, “You honestly think that a half mutt like me can pull of this stunt? I have zero tolerance for wearing dresses, I have no manners that is clear as day to anyone, and everyone has seen the princess my eyes would give it all away.” I told him listing the problems of his oh so brilliant plan

He leaned back in his chair, “You will have to put up with wearing dresses, and will have to take basic lessons on how to be a lady.”

I opened my mouth to tell him I don’t have to do anything I don’t want to but he beat me to it

“This is the will of the King, and you said that you would do anything to keep the Princess alive. I know you’re getting burned by just thinking of a way out of this.”

Damn the blood bond I thought gritting my teeth, he was right my skin was burning from my blood boiling from under my skin. It was part of the blood bond, if I were to deny the blood promise my blood would boil and burn my skin raw. It was why I rarely did blood bonds, and Master knew that.

“What about the appearance of the Princess and aye?” I asked

“The princess of Melrone, and your self has very similar aspects. You two seem like twins seperated at birth.”

"Beside the eyes," i mumbled 

"Yes and that. The KIng had decided that it would be you that would take care of the princess by taking her place as she goes to the eastern camps."

"Why doesn't she just stay here and i become her gaurd?"

Master shook his head, "The King doesn't want to take a chance," 

i sighed, then something popped inside my head, "Does this mean i have to pretend to be engage with the Pince of Liok?" i asked in disgust

"Indeed, and you must not mess up the agreement with the Liok's and the Melrone's. The disputes between Liok and Melrone have been going on for decades and the people of both lands had enough of it. So King Liok arranged to wed his son to the princess, but we wouldn't let the Prince see the Princess just yet."