chapter 2

Chapter 2

The British professor’s house

Several hours later, the four characters landed in London. And being the most curious of the four Mario was the first to get off the star and get to the apartment building. When he entered the building he ran into a tall gentleman with a brown cloak and a top hat taller then his own head. There was a child wearing a blue shirt and a matching cap next to the gentleman.

“Oh my!” said the man. “My sincerest apologies sir, I am professor Hershel Layton and this is my assistant Luke.

“Hey I’ve been looking for you.” said Mario. “ I got this weird letter and one of my friends back at home said you can help.”

“Very well let me see the-” when all of a sudden a green jet of light of light zoomed right past them and hit the wall at the other side of the lobby. Yoshi, Luigi, and Kirby ran inside and slammed the door shut. “EVERYBODY GET UPSTAIRS NOW!” Luigi yelled. And everyone ran up the stairs all the way to the top. “THIS WAY.” Yoshi called, and they turned left to the room and Luigi slammed the door shut and locked it.

“What the heck is going on?” said Mario. “that’s what I’m trying to figure out!” said Luigi. “we were on our way here when some powder white creep with red eyes pulled out a stick and kept saying avada kedrava or something like that and green stuff keeps shooting out of that stick!” “hey what’s that?” Yoshi said. Pointing at a platform on the floor with lights on it, then the door blasted apart and revealed a man that looked exactly like what Luigi said a moment ago. “Time to die!” said the man “STOP!” said a loud booming voice, and Bowser entered the room. “Ah, Mario and that green guy Luigi. Long time no see. And I see you’ve met my new ally.” “Not long enough.” Said Mario.

“I feel that way too.” said Bowser “I just wanted to say goodbye before I watch you perish… Voldemort, kill them.” and the man raised his wand and said “Avada Keda-” when another blue blur appeared but instead of knocking everyone out it revealed a masked swordsman that looked a lot like Kirby. But unlike Kirby he was blue had a mask with a large “v” shaped slit for his glaring yellow eyes, wore blue shoulder armor, a navy blue cloak, white boxing gloves, and wielded a yellow sword with spikes coming out of the blade and two red jewels on each side of the hilt.

“Meta Knight.” Mario whispered “I will not let you hurt them!” yelled the Knight with a strong, surprisingly deep voice. “So you decided to play hero again.” said Voldemort “I knew you would come here. Prepare to die!”

And before another word could be said the knight leaped toward the wizard and slashed him sideways, sending Voldemort down into the floor. But he got back up and gave the knight an uppercut with his wand, the masked swordsman dodged it and all of a sudden his cloak transformed into a set of wings as he flew for his next assault on Voldemort. And when he got within two feet from his opponent, the masked warrior barraged him with several slashes so fast, it was impossible to tell how many. But at the last one, the knight gave Voldemort a powerful stab that sent him soaring backwards.

“Enough of this.” said Voldemort in a threatening voice. He pointed his wand at the knight and said “Crucio!” and with a red flash of light the mysterious swordsman disappeared. The strange thing is that Voldemort and Bowser had disappeared too.

“What the heck was that?” said Mario. “Whatever it was…” said Layton. “We now have a good idea where we need to go.” Layton reread the message and then pointed at the machine. “And that will take us there.”

“Wait. So you’re saying that machine is some sort of a teleporter?” Mario asked.

“I do believe so.” Layton stepped into the machine and all of a sudden vanished, as if he never existed. And then Mario said “Whoa… ladies first.” and Mario pushed Luigi into the machine. “hey! ah-!” and Luigi disappeared just like the professor. “Hey! That wasn’t very nice!” yelled Luke. “Yea, I mean seriously! That’s cold right the- HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING? WOAH-” and Yoshi vanished.  Kirby and Luke just walked in.

“Well… I guess it’s okay.” Mario ran in there and appeared in a desert along with everyone else. “Where are we?” Luigi asked. “I believe we are in the Gritzy desert.” said Layton. And right in front if all of them, lay a vast desert. This must be where their mission begins.