Raz

Raz

I hissed in my breath as I stepped on a sharp pebble. Good thing Blitz was still light. Of course I left my shoes off at the beach. How far was the Church?

"Raz?" I look down on Blitz, if it was possible, her skin had gotten paler. The splash of freckles on the bridge of her nose stood out like a splatter of ink. "Raz? I don't want to die."

"I don't want you to die either. You're my sister. I'm going to get you some Holy Water, so you can get the blood out of your system."

She shook her head. "Raz," I was gonna freaking cry. She sounded defeated. "Set me down."

"You're not gonna die." I thought I heard my voice quaver.

"Stop running." I slowed to a trot. "Lay me down." I set her gently on the pavement of the sidewalk and put her head on my knees. "Bring me back." She whispered. Then Blitz died.

"See you soon." I whisper into her hair then brush my fingers over her eyes to close them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I won't go into the details, but I stayed there stroking Blitz's hair for a long time. I cried over Blitz for a long time. I had misguided the Blaze by going to the left side Church instead of the right side one. They were probably there, looking for us.

I had wanted to save Blitz by myself for some reason. Then I wanted to be alone with her. Eventually the Blaze found us. Well, me and her body.

"She wants us to bring her back." I said after they had gathered around and stood for a while. The sun was coming up, and everything was a reddish color. Like all the blood spilled in the last couple hours. I almost broke down in tears again, but I wouldn't cry in front of everyone. I'm tough Raz. "We need to bury her. There's another full moon tonight. I saved the blood from the deer." I stood up, lifting Blitz and cradling her in my arms. "Where should we bury her?" I choke out the words.

"Lets walk back to the beach. We can talk on the way." Nyx uttered the words just loud enough for us to hear. We started to trudge back to the beach.

We decided to bury her in the sand, easy to move and to get back up through. And we did. We sent the next hour digging a tomb for Blitz, right next to Starlyn.