Starlyn

Starlyn

    I didn’t really feel like celebrating. I walked slowly from my tree house where I lived.  I glanced down at my worn out blue sneakers that were carrying me across the cracked sidewalk, they needed to be replaced. My grey sweatpants, brown shirt, green sweater and orange scarf also need to be replaced. I made sure my Kama was secured to my belt loop. You never know what’s gonna happen these days.

I don’t know why, but I have always felt like an outsider in our little group of friends. I mean, they weren’t all human like me, Gashintamaker, my personal best friend, was a wizard. We call him Gash. He was tall, probably 6’6, with spiked black hair that had blue tips. He wore a blue sweatshirt and grey brown corduroy pants. He also usually wore a long, silvery, black cloak. He had the same kind of sneakers that I have. Nisha was a fairy and her puffy brown hair outlined her thin, pale face. She was almost as pale as Blitz. Blitz was a human (strangest human I know, but still a human), thank goodness for sanity. Alani was a shapeshifter, a little creepy, and her best friend, Nyx, was mostly demon, very creepy. Raz was a human, but was double sided, just like her sword. She could be fun-loving one minute and deadly the next.

I looked up just to realise that I had reached the beach. Time to put on a smile and see what they wanted tonight. I heard something about come hungry. But who knows with them. And weren’t we always hungry?

I caught sight of their bon fire, and a animal in it, I guess they did catch something. But something held me back, I could see Gash’s tall frame outlined by the fire. I could see Raz, Nyx, and Alani laughing away. Nisha sitting quietly thinking. Something bad was gonna happen, I turned to walk away when Raz caught sight of me.