Chapter 6 -- Awakening pt. 1

Utter Darkness. Not a thing in sight. Where am I? Wait! Am I blind? No, that can’t be. What happened to me? More importantly, who am I again?

“Daughter, would you spare me some time, just for a while? The world has a lot in store for you; you must live and carry on.” A voice called out of nowhere. Her voice so utterly familiar, so comforting but I don’t have a clue who is she.

“You must not worry anymore. You are safe now.”  Her assurance is what I trust, but it’s not wise to trust a stranger who you haven’t even met before… but maybe I did… but I can’t remember.

“No it’s not! My head feels like it’s gonna explode literally! How am I supposed to be ‘ok’ with that?!”I hissed at her and then  I felt butterflies on my stomach and what sucks the most is my guilt is acting on its own again, that’s perfectly normal right?

“Indeed it is my young one. Let me heal you.” she said as if she knew what I was thinking about.  She placed one of her palm on my forehead, on the hurting part of my head. (Hey , doesn't mean I'm currently at the state of not being able to open my dang eyes doesn't mean I can't feel) After a while, I felt an incredible relief like her touch has extinguished the burning sensation on my recently broken head… take that as literally, seriously.  I must see her, and thank her, the nice lady healer.

Brain, make my eyes open, even for a short while, please! Open up!

“No, you must rest until you are well , my daughter. Only one thing you must remember, protect those who you love the most.”

Protect? From who? From what?

“From her, my young one.” She whispered as she gently run her fingers through my hair. I just then realize I was resting my head on her lap.

But I want to see her, her radiance…

“Daughter, you must not struggle. You need to rest.”

I still can’t open my eyes. Damn it, how can I be so useless?

“Hush, my dear. Do not blame yourself. Your wounds are barely healed. You have to listen to me.”

But … but I don’t remember anything! And what---?

“The answers you seek is found deep within your soul. Look within you and follow what your heart tells you. But bear in mind that the truth only appears to those who are pure hearted and your intentions must come clean, that is the truth you seek.”

“I can’t understand! I have to have it now.” I protested, finally out loud.

“Trust yourself and have faith in what you believe.”

I will…

“Now, you must rest. And I leave you in good hands, my child.”

Please! Don’t leave me!

“I won’t. I’ll always be near you, watching you, guiding you through and nurture you as my very own….”

Wait! Are you my mom? My biological mom?

She laughed. They’re like music to my ears, a musical laughter.  Well, even though I can’t see her, I can hear her!

“No, I am certainly not the one you call  "biological mother", " she retorded , laughing briefly" But I am as you call as your mother. I am known as Earth.”

What an unusual name.

“It’s not a name” she laughed “Until we meet again my daughter.”

But when will I meet you?

“ Soon. When the time is right. You’ll come to me again.”

Again?

“You ‘crack me up’ my little earthling.” She laughed on her ,what i pressume, inside joke “Go on and rest, I won’t go anywhere because I am everywhere.”

I suddenly felt really weary, extremely worn out. The next thing I knew, I was in a deep sleep. The only thing is i have a sister named Ava.