four

*Harry's POV*

She hates me. I don't understand. I thought she would be happy to see me after all these years. I guess not.

I decide not to go up to her room and try to talk to her. I know that would only cause more trouble.

I know I'm being kind of a jerk, but it's only because she's being so difficult. I've never had any responsibilities in my life. I don't know what to do.

-

I check the time. 6:45pm. Time to go play some cards with the boys.

"Bella?" I yell up the stairs.

"What?" I hear her say faintly.

"I'm going to play cards with some of my friends. I probably won't be back for a couple of hours. Okay? Bye."

I hear shuffling and she shows up at the top of the stairs. "Take me with you." She demands.

"What? No, no. You can't come with me." I shake my head.

"You're taking me." She demands again.

"Why should I? You're almost 15 and can fend for yourself. Remember?" I quote her on her own words.

"Oh, so I can't stay at home by myself for an hour during the day while you go shopping, but I can stay home at night while you go party 'till God knows when?" She does have a point.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "We leave in 5."

-

*Bella's POV*

We pull into the driveway of a nice, large house. I've never really had any friends or hung out with people other than my mom. She was basically my best friend. I know that sounds weird and lame, but it's true.

I'm kind of excited and super nervous to meet Harry's friends. It's something I've never done before.

"C'mon." Harry grunts as he opens the door.

We walk into the house and are greeted by a smiling, facial haired covered boy, about Harry's age. "Harry! Haven't seen you in ages!" He exclaims as he slaps Harry's back. He also has a British accent. He looks at me. "And this must be-"

"My sister. Bel- I mean, Isabella." Harry looks at me. "Isabella, this is Liam."

"Hi, Liam." I smile nervously.

Liam takes me by surprise and hugs me. "It's lovely to meet you." He says.

"It's nice to meet you, too." I reply.

Liam leads us into the dining room where the table is set up for a game of Go Fish.

I whisper to Harry, "Aren't you guys like 22 or something. Why are you playing Go Fish?"

"Shhhh." Harry puts a finger to his lips. "You'll understand later."

I'm introduced to the rest of Harry's friends. Louis, Niall, and Zayn. Zayn's girlfriend is here, too. Perrie. She's awfully beautiful.

I take a seat in between Perrie and Harry. Perrie leans over to me. "It's nice having another girl here for a change." She whispers.

We exchange smiles and I hear someone say my name.

"Isabella?" Niall, the blonde one, says. "Do you want to play, too?" He has a thick Irish accent.

"Um, no thanks. I'll just watch." I take a sip of my Coke.

Harry rolls his eyes. "You make me bring you here, and you're not even going to participate? Wow, Bells, wow."

"I told you to stop with the pet names." I glare at him. "And I guess if you really want me to play, I will."

"Good." Niall smiles as he deals me a hand of 7 cards.

I now know why they like to play Go Fish. Every time they get a book of 4, they take a drink. Fortunately, for me, I was the one getting most of the books, so nobody took too many drinks. Gladly, I don't have to be stuck with 5 drunk guys.

"Aw, Bella! You won!!" Louis exclaims as he gives me a high five.

"I knew I shouldn't of brought you." Harry teases.

I smile at him genuinely for the first time in my life. But then I remember what he did to mom. What he did to me. My smile fades.

After a couple of hours, Harry says it's time to leave.

"Woah, woah. You're not driving, are you?" I stop before he gets in the car.

"Relax. I only drank a root beer." He assures me. "You should learn to be more observant."

"Hold on." I walk up to him and stand on my tiptoes. "Let me smell your breath."

"You don't trust me?" He pretends to be offended.

"I have every reason not to trust you, Harry. Now open your mouth." I order.

"Hey, you called me Harry." He says before breathing in my face.

No alcohol.

"Alright. I believe you." I say as I walk to the other side of the car door.

On the drive home, I ask Harry about his friends.

"If they're all from the UK, why are they here in California?" I ask.

"They're in a band. They're trying to get a record deal. They've been trying to get someone to sign them and heard about some big name people over here. I wanted to see them again, so they invited me over." He replies.

"How'd you meet them?" Why am I asking so many questions? Do I really care?

"I was in the band. It was great. I was living the dream. Then, I got the call that mom died. They said I had a sister that needed a guardian. So, I left the band to move here." His voice was solemn.

"Oh." I was the reason he left his friends. I was the reason he gave up his dreams. But he left mom. And he left me. That's something I could never forgive him for.

~

Ok, so like double update today or something yay(:

-Anna xo