𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒

quote: "forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you," — unknown

⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆

I WAKE UP WITH a usual with a jolt and I only have questions as my alarm beeps annoyingly. How did I get back? I don't know. When did I get back? I don't know. Then who brought me back? I don't know. I had things to do. For the first time in two years, I wanted to visit my Dad. I wanted to look around Whipstaff, I needed clues. How come Casper knows so much about me when I feel like I know so little about him and kat. (I did actually know a lot, just Casper was open about his life, but found it difficult to cope, he didn't really enjoy talking about it. But he often wanted to tell me.)

Okay, Dad first. Then I could try to find Casper and his parent's graves. It could give me some glues or the attic maybe? I don't think I have that much time. Time was very short these days. After I was changed and ready for the day I waltz down the stairs. Dancing randomly to a rhythm.

I plant a fake smile on my face, I try to hide my eyes, fearing that I'll cry. I open the kitchen door, it swings open. My eyes dart open to reveal someone I've never seen before. Her hair was a dark brown, rather similar to her eyes. Her hair was tied in a sleek bun. She wore a floral top imprint and blue jeans along with shades on the top of her head. I didn't know what shoes she was wearing just because the table was blocking my view. She was beautiful, well for her age. I look over to Casper, then to her, then my Mum.

Casper was talking away, about something from the Halloween party Kat once held at Whipstaff. Then he stops and notices the silence in the room, notice and looks at me. "Hi, I'm May Amira Clarence. You must be Kathleen Wilmot." I say with a rather polite voice and why in the world did I say my middle name too? "Just call me Kat." She says smiling kindly, shifting in a manner and I noticed that she seemed uncomfortable.

My Mother's eyes gave a gentle look, almost sympathetic."Uhh, I gotta go—" I grab a Banana from the table and run as fast as my legs could carry me towards the main entrance where I could get away and escape for as long as possible. I hop on my faded red bike and ride it into town towards the local town cemetery.

I had become rather used to the uneven dirt. It was odd, just I rather felt that Whipstaff was my home now. And this feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. I steer my bike towards the fence and the thorny branches that held yellow roses. I pick one and carefully trying to not tip my bike over. I pull out my Dad's old pocket knife from my jeans and cut the stem.

The rose was beautiful. I rest it on the handlebar and turn my bike around.

The sun was high in the sky, it was rather a warm day and yet I feel so cold.

My feet skidded on the gravel and as I quickly pull my brakes.

Trees arch the entrance as if it was a doorway. Roses of all sorts of colours line the wood picket fence as if it was a barrier.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying not to cry. I look to my right to see a wooden sign that has engraved words of, 'Friendship Cemetery.' I somehow manage to take a step, then another as I follow the familiar path that I walked two years ago in completely different attire.

I pull out my father's sunglasses from my pocket and smile at them. I place them on my face, to try to stop anyone from seeing that I was crying. No one was here though. The rose dangles in my hand, as I walk towards my fathers final resting place. I drop onto my knees and place the rose among his tombstone.

"Jamie Thomas Clarence. A loving, kind husband, son and father, shall you rest forever in peace. 11th of January 1983 - 2nd of May 2015."

What catches my eye was that another rose was also placed on the tombstone. It didn't look very old, rather new. It looks around a day old or someone had placed it before me today. My tears fall over the stone my eyes stinging with tears.