𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄

quote: "when the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us," — helen keller

⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆°✶⋆°⋆✶°⋆

I HATE SCHOOL, MOSTLY just because of the friend part because I haven't had one (a friend) in two years rather than the homework and boring classes. Well, I suppose Casper is my friend, just, he's a ghost. And it's hard to choose what to wear when you have just moved houses two days before. And to add to the mix 'The Ghostly Trio,' as they are known, chase you around in the late hours of the night. Until Casper realises and takes you to your new room, hoping they finally wouldn't bother you.

When I finally jolt out of my daydream, I realise that I'm at school and the incredibly hot Jason DePhillipp is heading towards me. On his blue and green bike and his black Nike backpack and baseball cap. Why does this have to happen to me?

"Watch out!" He yells more like screams. I have about two seconds to move out of the way but I can't. I'm paralysed. Suddenly, I'm moved out of the way, by an invisible shadow. Just to let you know it's rather creepy and rather spooky. A ghost. I look up and I'm resting on something cold, "Casper?" I ask, gazing into his deep clear blue eyes. "Yeah?" He says somehow worried about me, "Are you okay. Are you hurt? What happened?" I stand up, "Are you okay Casper? Don't worry about anything, I'm fine." I ask again, trying to reassure him. "Oh no!" Casper mutters, Then a girl screams, "Ghost!" I've never felt sorrier for the poor friendly ghost.

Everyone points and screams, 'Ghost,' or 'Why is that girl not running! Or She's standing next to him!' even 'how is she not afraid?' 'It's a Ghost.' I try not to flinch at the words, as the responses fire. "Leave him—" I start, my voice full of rage and I'm angry. Have I ever mentioned I have a short temper? Casper places his cold ghostly hand over my mouth. He leans to my ear and whispers, "It's okay, don't make things worse." Then the next thing I know he's gone.

"Are you okay, May?" Jason asks with concern. I knew his personality, two-faced. I know what he does to girls. Treats them like there princesses and then thinks they are not good enough and dumps them. What he doesn't know is that the girls those hearts they've broken were dangerously way to good for him. And make sure to add his stupid little lies. "Oh yeah, I'm fine." The blush creeps into my cheeks, my hormones were against me. "Bye." Then into the school campus and my locker and I almost cried at the note stuck onto my locker written in red sharpie, "Have a good day, ghost girl."

Then I knew today is gonna be a hard day. One of the hardest I think I could ever have.

— — —

I walk down the overgrown grass and the dirt road annoyed that I had forgotten my bike. The grass is filled with dew, a smile grows on my face. The sun shines on my back, at this moment I was quite content. Then I quickly see a white, see-through, friendly ghost, behind a tree. "Casper? I can see you behind the tree!" I exclaim, laughing. "You got me." He says, his eyes darting around, playfully. "You weren't even invisible, You just wanted me to see you! And I have to thank you for how you saved me. Casper that was like, amazing of you."

"All in a days work." He says, his eyes looking into mine. Looking for something. A smile creeps up my face. "Thank you really, Casper, you exposed yourself for me." He smiles, "You save me and I save you." His voice was serious. "I've got your back Casper, I'm a pirate. Your first mate." For some reason, I thought of the Goonies. "Then I'm the captain." He jokes, playing along. Before we both know it we're inside the gates. "How was school? Please don't lie." He mutters as I watch the concern quickly flood his eyes and I wanted to cry knowing that someone seemed to care. "It's school, Casper. It sucks in general."