chapter 12

I ran out into the plan fields, I couldn't see him. My breath became tight again and I stumbled onto the ground.

" Zach! Zach where are you?" I looked around and zipped past people and out into the open. My hairband came loose and all my hair came loose, flowing. My jacket slipped off and trailed off the floor,my shoes were tight and I threw them off. I spread my arms out, I was free.

I took in a deep breath of air and yelled, " ZACH!!"

Suddenly, all heads turned to me. But only one man stepped forward. I ran into his arms. " Zach! I'm so sorry! I'm an awful person! Can you forgive me?"

He pulled back and tapped his lips. "Hmmmm, you'll have to owe me for beating me up."

" I'll do anything." He nodded and pulled me into his chest again. " Stop being so insecure. You're a beautiful person with a  wonderful personality. Don't bring yourself down."

I started to cry. He gently took me by the chin and kissed me. I heard clapping and, when we pulled back, we noticed that there was now a large crowd watching us and cheering in various languages.

Zach leaned towards my ear. "You know they just saw us kiss right?"

" Yes." I said blushing.

On the plane journey back, our hands were locked in each others. I had never felt so happy in my entire life.

I rested my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around mine. " I love you Summer."

He said it so quietly that I could barely hear it but, I knew what he had said. It filled my body with warmth and trust.

"I'm really sorry Zach..." I whispered.

" It's okay Summer.." He replied. Wrapping his arms round me as we sat in the taxi. It was pitch black and cold when we returend.

I was a completely different person now. I was free now. And all it took was Zach. Suddenly there was a screech that was so loud, I covered my ears.

" What was that?" Zach yelled, peering out the window to see wha was going on. There was a sudden turn and the taxi spun.

I started to panic , Zach looked at me and kissed me on the forehead. He opened the window again and tried to see what was going on.

A large truck was sliding across the road and coming towards...Us.

Zach was in too much shock to notice that it would hit his side of he car. I yelled and cried and as Zach kicke my door opn with his foot, we collided.

I rolled onto the road and hid behind trees, a large group of people had formed and were hurridly getting out of their cars.

"ZACH!" I screamed over and over until my throat gave in.

I collapsed onto the floor in tears. " No... No..."

Som men were dragging out the taxi driver. I ran over to him. "W-Where's Zach?"

" The man in the back?" He splutterd. " He.... I don't know where he is."

I started to breathe quickly until a women had to try and calm me down, when I could finally breathe properlly, we heard a man yell.

"Come real quick!"

We all rushed over. Including me. And what I saw, broke me down.