Good Morning Revival - Taylor

I woke the next day confused. I looked around hoping to see my old room but instead found my new room. Not so bad I guess. I actually kinda like it here housewise.

I yelled to dad as I was walking down my personal staircase about breakfast but as the words left my lips, I heard a female voice answer me.

"Good morning Taylor. It's so great to meet you. Your dad never stops talking about you. I'm...."

I cut her off there. There was no need for introductions, I knew who she was... It was Rose.

"Hey. Yeahh I'm guessing you're Rose. I wish I could say likewise but I only found out about you the other week. You seem nice enough so I'll cut you some slack but don't expect to be treated like my mother. I will NOT call you Mum and I will also not do anything you tell me to do. I don't normally have this attitude but I just want to get these things sorted first before anymore words come out of your tiny mouth." I say to her, trying hard not to sound bitter. 

She did honestly seem nice. She looked about 38, a little bit taller than me, with greeny blue eyes and natural blonde hair.

To show I had no hard feelings, I smiled as she offered me breakfast.

"So Taylor, what have you got planned for today?" Rose asked, trying to make conversation.

"I'm not sure. I feel like exploring today. Look at the local shops maybe, all that kinda thing" I replied sweet as possible.

I walked off after finishing my cocopops and got dressed. Same stuff as usual.

Black skinnies, red converse and a red and black mickey mouse top I got as a present when Amy went to Disneyland.

I grabbed my key, mobile and purse and shoved them in my Hello Kitty handbag and slipped out of the front door, yelling goodbye to Rose and Dad if he was even there.

As I stepped onto our street, I inhaled the sweet fresh air; something I never experienced in London. I looked up and down the long stretch of road wondering which way to head. After a few minutes of deciding, I chose to go right, since I saw a few tall buildings in the distance.

I walk slowly, taking in the sights of the mansions surrounding me, with expensive cars parked on their driveways and perfectly cut lawns. Our house is totally out of place here, I think to myself.

10 minutes of walking and daydreaming, I find myself in the town centre.

It wasn't too busy, but there was a lot of chavs, mainly hanging around McDonalds. As I walked past, I got a few sneers but I just turned my nose up and ignored them. No matter where you seem to go these days, there are always people judging you by appreance.

I spot a cute cafe opposite the road infront of me. I am quite hungry I have to admit since I didn't eat yesterday, plus cocopops didn't really satisfy me much. Surely we don't have that much food back at home. Might aswell treat myself.

I walk inside, my eyes darting around the room to try and find a seat. I choose a small booth in the corner by the window. I like sitting by windows, gives me something to think about while eating and drinking. It helps that I'm in a corner aswell, I feel less paranoid in them; I can't stand the feeling of people watching me eat.

Just as I sit down, a middle aged man walks over with a menu. I glance at it but I have no need to look too much. I decide on a good old fish and chips with a large Coca-Cola.

Handing the waiter the menu back, I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror. Omg, I forgot to put my eyeliner on, no wonder the chavs I walked past gave me funny looks.

I grab my bag and whip out my eyeliner. Within seconds of taking it out, my eyes are fully lined and quite acceptable. I stare out the window some more, thinking about where I want to go next. I get distracted from my thoughts as a plate of food and a coke with two straws is pushed under my nose.

"Did you order these?" a soft males voice asks.

I look up to see what, for a second, I thought was Jake.

NO!!! It wasn't Jake at all. Jake had perfect chocolate eyes, this guys eyes were a peircing emerald green. He was about 5ft7 in height with scruffy black hair.

"Oh sorry, I didn't notice you there," I laughed feeling my cheeks turning crimson. "But yes, i did order those. Not so sure about the two straws though." I say, raising my eyebrow as if I was confused.

The guy just smiled, two lip rings on either side of his mouth, pulling at his lips. Inside I sigh deeply; I always had a thing for guys with snakebites...

.

"Well I was hoping you would be willing to share it with a very kind, young, handsome waiter" He explains, grinning.

Oh-My-Gawdd, noway is he flirting with me.

I find myself smiling back to him, my lip ring pulling my mouth to one side and staring into his eyes, as if putting me into a soothing trance.

"Unfortunatly, i don't share my drinks with waiters when I'm new to an area." I say, trying to sound as calm as possible but still staring into his eyes, falling deeper and deeper into a sea of green. I always thought I was bad at flirting.

My trance was suddenly broken as an old man started yelling at the lad.

"I have to get back to work, but I finish at about 1 o'clock so come and meet me back here and I'll show you around town and stuff, if you want to that is" with that he aimed a wink at me following yet another grin.

I checked my phone, it was 12pm now. Maybe wander around a few of these shops, then come back and meet that lad. I finish my chips and coke off and make my way over to the door. Just as I reach for the handle, the same lad stops me and hands me a piece of napkin with a number on it.

"I forgot to mention, my name's Xander. There's my number, text me or call me if you can't make it to meet me after work. Your Taylor aren't you?" asks Xander so casually. I cock my head to the side like a confused puppy.

"Well it's nice to meetcha Xander. Erm... How did you know my name?" I ask puzzled. He points to my bag wthere I have my name inked into the material along with goodbye messages from my old friends.

I feel myself turning crimson again, a lot faster than before.

He nods then realises he's supposed to be working and runs off with out a goodbye.