11: Reality check

(Karylle's POV)

"Wake up, K." I heard Vice's voice above me and I felt someone shaking my shoulder. I opened my eye and saw him standing beside the bed, he's already dressed up.. white vneck, jeans, and combat boots. I checked the clock beside my bed and its only 4:18 AM. Why is he up so early?

"What?" I didn't bother standing up, my sleepiness is still heavy on me.

"May namatay ulit." Vice said casually. I jolted up and looked at him.

"Hah?!"

"May nakita si Agent Craw4 na bangkay.. its a confirmed death, just like the old ones. Newly wed couple and the husband is nowhere to be found again." Vice sat on the end of the bed and sighed. Nakikita ko ang disappointment sa mata nya and I can't help but feel my shoulders drop, I feel like we're not doing our job properly.

I felt guilt. I have always been able to finish any case fast with no obstacles... but Vice... he's been a distraction, he's been a?dding to my stress, he's been occupying my mind lately that I feel that I haven't been doing my job properly. If he wasn't here then madali ko na natapos yung trabaho. I was filled with mixed emotions... guilt, shame, anger towards Vice..

"You know it's not your fault." Narinig ko ang boses ni Vice, tumingin ako sa kanya and nakatingin sya sa akin with a stern expression.

"Yes, that's right kasi it's your fault." I said without thinking first, kumunot ang noo ko and I can feel my breathing start getting heavy.

"My fault? Sa tingin mo na gusto ko na-katrabaho ka? The way you're always blaming me for everything is getting old, grow up K17." Obvious na galit na agad si Vice, his fists are balled and inalis nya ang tingin nya sa akin.

"You know what's immature? The fact that you're mixing business with pleasure when people are dying."

"Who's the one who started all that? And can I just remind you, ikaw ang humingi ng day break when we could have taken that full day to actually do work." His jaws are clenching, tumayo sya and started walking towards the door, tumigil sya before he fully reached the door,

"Don't act like you didn't like mixing business with pleasure. You're not that innocent." He said before he walked out. His voice was low and sounded dangerous like he was warning me.

I let out a frustrated sigh and fell back on the bed, mentally slapping myself for being so stupid.

.

..

...

(General POV)

6:01 AM

All the agents were all in Eruption's hotel room, they're all sitting around the table, talking about possible suspects, current suspects, the new death, and every evidence they ever got. Each and everyone of them are all masked with stress especially Karylle who felt like she was partly the fault. Kalma lang si Vice as he goes through all the evidences, si Billy and Eruption are trying to connect the dots to see if there's any clues, si Karylle naman ay kasama si Jugs inspecting the old suspects and possible new suspects.

They were all interrupted when the door banged open, napatingin agad sila lahat.

"No fucking way.." Vice's eyes lit up and a smile plasted on his face automatically seeing the familiar face.

"Agent X44 in the house!" Agent X44 aka Vhong Navarro cheered.

Agent X44 is the second greatest agent in the whole agency after Vice. Sya ang bestfriend ni Vice and Billy, he's the perfect mix of both of them.. he can be sweet and gentle like Billy pero he also has the potential to be cold and heartless like Vuce.