Left Behind

I was sitting on the bed with my knees curled up to my chin. I watched with a disappointed expression as Harry packed up his things.

"Why do you have to go? It's not fair." I said.

"I know hun, but there's not much I can do right now about it. It's my job, you know that."

"Yes, I know, but that doesn't make me hate this any less." He came over to me.

"I know. I hate it too, but I'll be counting the days until we see each other again." He kissed my forehead.

Then, Louis came in. "Haz, we've got to get a move on." Harry put two more items in his bag and then rolled it off the bed. I slipped on my Toms and followed Harry and Louis out the door. They loaded the luggage into the car, and we all got it. Louis and Eleanor were up front, while Harry and I sat in the back. El held on to Lou's hand, and I held Harry's. We were all silent on the way to the airport.

We arrived at Heathrow airport and got out our luggage and walked in. Harry and Louis checked their tickets and we went through security. They were going to Australia this week, U.S. the next. I was really excited to go and see New York and Ohio, where they would be throughout the week.

We walked to the gate, where we met up with Zayn, Liam, Danielle, Paul, Lou, Lux, and a few other members of the staff. Lux was on the floor, and then she ran up to me, and I scooped her up in my arms.

I had seen her a lot during the last tour, and I loved being with her backstage. I got to play with her a lot, which was great, because I love kids.

"Hello, Lux." She laughed and played with a teddy bear in her arms. I looked to Harry, who was smiling at the two of us. I handed Lux to Zayn, who played with her on the floor as we all said goodbyes.

Harry came to me and put his arms around me, while I hooked my arms around his neck.

"I'm going to miss my curly-haired, funny, lovable idiot." I said to him.

"And I'm going to miss my short, beautiful, smart, crazy control freak."

"Beautiful?"

"Beautiful in every way. Your hair, your laugh, your smile, your hands, everything."

"Well, I love everything about you, too. You're beautiful."

"I know, but I'd rather say it to you than hear it."

"You need to hear it as much as I do."

'' Okay. Harry?"

"Yes?''

"I want you to know how much I love you. I've never met someone who gets me that way you do, and every time you smile, my heart gets biger to make room for you. I can tell you anything, and I never want to leave you."

"I love you more than words can descibe, Ali. I hope you know that. Never forget it. I love you." He leaned his forehead down to mine. I smiled. He picked me up to his level and kissed me.

"So I'll see you soon?" I asked, back on the ground.

"Faster than you can say New York City." He kissed me again and began to back away. I held onto his hand as he walked away, until he was too far away for me to hold on anymore. Danielle and Eleanor came on either side of me. We locked arms around each other's waists and watched as our boys disappeared into the hall leading to the airplane. We all held a few sniffles back, and then we all looked at each other.

"Well, ladies," I said, "when the boys are away, do the girls play?" They both laughed at my corny line.

"How about we ge some lunch?" Danielle said, and El and I ageed. El drove us to a bistro downtown and we all ordered salads.

"Guys, I don't mean to be wierd, but this is the first time Harry and I are really separated for a while, and---" I began, but Eleanor cut in.

"You're wondering what you're supposed to do."

"A bit."

"Well, we won't tell you you'll get used to it. But it gets easier to say goodbye, and you know he's coming back." Dani said.

''It's not saying goodbye that's easy, really, you just get used to the fact that it's going to happen, and that you're going to have to deal with it." Eleanor threw in. Danielle began to talk.

"And deal with everything coming with it. Not everyone will like you. True fans will, but not everyone, and you need to ignore it, because the people who love you for you are the only people that are worth listening to." I nodded.

The check was split and we left. Eleanor drove me home, and on the way, I checked my Instagram.

"Geez! El! I didn't know these airport photos were like a goldmine for the fans!"

"Oh! yea! What's being posted this time?"

"Photos of each of us with the boys, me and Lux, and then you, Danielle and I when they left."

"Figures. They love the romance, the baby, and the fact that we're great friends."

"Wow, are our lives really that interesting? I mean, i've seen pictures of me dug up from, like, beginning of high school, of me with my friends. Directioners do better research than spies!"

"I know, it's crazy, but it's our life." She dropped me at my and Harry's place and I waved goodbye as I came into the flat.

I ate dinner alone, and the feeling of being left behind in a empty flat began to sink in.

--------------

The week went by pretty slowly with a ton of boredom pushed into it. I stayed home mostly and worked on this week's and next week's column. I would sit on the couch with my laptop and write. I wore sweats and Harry's old Jack Wills hoodie. It smelled like him.

I did visit with my family once on Monday. I went over and say hi to everyone before taking Caitlin out to lunch. She was really excitd to see me, as she has not in a while.

There were a lot of pictures surfacing of me in the Jack Wills hoodie and skinnies. I really could not care less that they knew I was stealing Harry's clothes. They were all over Instagram on Monday and Tuesday.

I went to see Danielle perform on Wednesday, and went out to dinner with Eleanor on Friday.

I went to the grocery shopping and visited with an old friend from school, Emmaline. She took me out to shop at Jack Wills and TopShop, which was pretty exciting considering the week.

Sunday could not come fast enough. i bounced my leg as the editor met with me. After a hlf hour, it was time to go.

I raced home and packed a bag full of clothes, and then sped to the airport in Harry's car. I got my bag checked and carriedmymassive tote onto the plane.

I fell asleep listening to my boyfriend's voice on my iPod, and once I awoke, we were just about to land in New York.

I told Harry I would get a cab and come to the hotel, and he agreed. Once I got off the plane, I realized I had not been checking my Instagram the past few days. I was waiting for the luggage to come around on the conveyor, so I opend it.

All over the place, was pictures of Harry going out in Austalia. Every night. Drinking and partying. There were girls all around him. He looked drunk in every picture. I clucked my tongue.

This would simply not do. He was ruining his image. It was fine to go out once in a while, but not every night. It was irraqtional. He was screwing it up for himself. He had not alked to me today, and from the looks of the snapshots, he was proabably hungover. I go my luggage, boarded a cab and went to the hotel.

I would not date someone so reckless. This boy needed a wake-up call, and gosh darn it, he was going to get one. I could not care less if he hated me, I was not going to let the public see him like this.