Playing The Player

:Chapter Thirty-Six:

"I can't fucking believe you guys are going out!" Courtney screeched, her voice shrill in my eye and causing me to wince slightly. Blake wrapped an arm around my waist, looking amused at her reaction. "That is so freakin' cute!"

I beamed. It had been a week since the incident at home, and thankfully, my parents were gone by now. When I had finally come home, they had told me that they didn't care what I did anymore, as long as I was happy. I suspected Nina had something to do with that, and by the time I woke up next morning, they had already left on their next business trip. It was easier this way. They weren't parent people, and it was easier and better for me to have them out of my life, cruel as it sounded.

"It's not that hard to believe," Colt smirked, a grin lighting up on his face, "It's not hard to kiss -- I mean, miss the feelings they have for each other." I felt a slight blush appearing on my cheeks at the word 'kiss.'

Courtney, Colt, Liam, Blake and I were sitting under the big oak tree. It was lunch, and we were sort of a new 'group.' I wasn't used to being the centre of attention, but with Blake, I realised that I didn't mind. I didn't mind a lot of things, as long as I sounded.

I didn't even mind sounding like a right little romantic sap.

Liam laughed. "He's right; you guys are obviously you know, nice for each other." It sounded like he was trying to be supportive, but he was a guy, and he had no idea how to say it.

I laughed at his obvious discomfort and leaned forward, pinching his cheeks. "Aw, Liam, you're so cute."

Blake pulled me back possessively.

I rolled my eyes. "Calm down. You know I only have eyes for you." I looked at him adoringly, and almost felt his anger diffuse as he pulled me onto his lap. Courtney let out another girly squeal and Liam and Colt chuckled, before making some dirty comment. I didn't mind though; I was in his arms.

Courtney gave me a mischievous look before sending Liam and Colt a challenging look. "Liam, can you smooch -- I mean, scooch over? I want to stretch my legs."

I gave Courtney a suspicious look, but she returned it with an innocent smile. I decided it was nothing, snuggling back into Blake. "I'm just so glad everything's okay now, you know? Like, everything seems... perfect. I can't even say how happy I am."

Blake leaned down and pressed his lips against my forehead. "Nor can I."

Courtney and the others talk about something else, and Blake and I lean down, lying on the grass as we faced each other. I stared into his dark blue eyes, and knew I was making the right decision to be with him.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you too," I said softly back, leaning into his hand as he rested it against my cheek.

He stared at me for a few minutes. "Things are going to be like this, for as long as you like. Dylan is out of the picture, you'll be turning eighteen in a few months, and when you turn then maybe we can move out together. The people we love are here," He looked behind us, and the rest of the gang were arguing with each other about who was the most awesomest. He rolled his eyes, "Okay, well the people who we sort of love," He corrected, and I laughed. "Really Hayleigh. Everything can be the way we want them to be... if you want them to be that way."

"Of course I do," I smiled at him.

Blake smiled, and it almost took my breath away. I wasn't used to seeing him like this; I was so used to his little sarcastic smirks that I found it shocking that he even knew what a smile was. When he smiled though -- well, it put sexy to a whole new level.

"Enough with the gooey stuff," Colt shouted.

We smiled at each other and got up, Blakes' arm still wrapped around me like he couldn't bear to be apart from me.

"I love Tumblr," Courtney gushed randomly. She wasn't even on her phone, so I had no idea why she even brought it up. It was true that she loved it though -- she was one of those 'tumblr-famous' people. "It's so much fun," She continued, "I just love snogging -- I mean, blogging pictures!"

"Courtney, stop doing that," I groaned at her, hating the blush that I could feel forming on my cheeks.

"Doing what?" She asked innocently.

I glared at her. "Pretending to say the wrong words. You too, Colt. Kiss, miss. Smooch, scooch. Snog, blog. You're just doing it to make me blush," I vented, blushing even more when they started laughing.

After a few more minutes, Liam finally sobered up. "Okay, we'll get out of your hair, you little lovebirds. Come on, Courts, Colt." He held out a hand and pulled Courtney up, ignoring Colt who pretended to be hurt. Liam smiled back at me when I smiled appreciatively at him, "Let's grab something to eat. Hayleigh's a bit annoyed and we don't want her to make out -- I mean, take it out on us."

"Liam!" I shouted, not able to give him a proper lecture before the three of them quickly made their way out of where we were sitting, their laughter loud and clear for everyone in the vicinity to hear. I pouted and turned to Blake.

"At least we're alone now," He murmured.

"At least we're alone now," I repeated contentedly, before allowing myself to be pulled back down.

*****************************************************************************

Hey you, yes you with the face, you're fucking AMAZING. :)