Dangerous Love: Part Four - Decaying Discoveries

The decomposed and unrecognisable body of Bobby's former dealer friend was discovered by police when a neighbour reported a horrible stench coming from the house. Johnny was a drug dealer from the age of fourteen with no family living in the country. No one thought to look for him, and three years later, all that was left of him had to be scooped up. Detective Dean was put on the case and already had his suspicions. He knew that Bobby and Baby had escaped the Brookesend Institution three years ago, around the same time Johnny was said to be murdered. They would have been looking for somewhere to go and what better place than with someone that doesn't want to be seen because of his criminal activity. It was only a theory, but Dean wasn't going to rule it out commpletely. He walked into his office and scanned over the paper work on his desk. Something caught his eye and he froze. He ruffled through the sheets and picked up a file. Martin Palmer's file. He was found dead in his house from gunshot wounds to head, abdomen and knees. Dean slammed the file down on his desk, grabbed his coat and raced to his car.

"I can't fucking believe this. How come I wasn't made aware of Mr Palmer's death sooner. I probably could have confirmed my theory already," he cursed.

Now Detective Dean was convinced that Bobby and Baby were at least responsible for Martin Palmer's death. He knew a lot about their troubled pasts and how Mr Palmer played his role. He thought maybe this was revenge for what they were put through. It was because of what he knew about the young adults why he wanted to work on his theory alone. He made his way to the Brookesend Institution and requested the files on Bobby and Baby to study at home. If they were trying to get revenge for what happened to them, then maybe Martin wasn't the only victim on their list.

***

The apartment Bobby arranged to get fixed up and made habitable was close to his mothers place of work, thirty miles away. It was deep in the forest and had been abandoned for the longest time. It was the perfect place for them to retreat to after they finished their mission. Fall off the face of the earth and start again, feeling happy. The apartment wasn't going to be ready by the time they got to Bobby's mother but Bobby had arranged for their last nights on the go to be spent in a nice hotel, right by the chicken shop they would be targetting.

"I want to wait for the best opportunity to get her. I'm don't plan to make it quick like I did for Marshall. I want to know why she did what she did before she gets to the gates of hell,"said Bobby. 

"Are you sure you want to drag that up? Look at how you felt when Marshall was saying all those things to you. Maybe we should just get it over and done with," suggested Baby.

"I understand what you're saying but it's different. I mean a mother is meant to be maternal and compassionate to a child. They should feel the need to protect their child. Why didn't she protect me Baby?"

Baby had no reply. She kissed Bobby lovingly and started the car. She believed the only way she could make her man feel better was to take out the woman that turned him bitter. She focused on the road and drove into the sunrise.

***

Detective Dean was called to the home of Stanley Marshall to find his slumped body in his wheelchair with his throat slit. Even though no one else had made the connection of Palmer and Marshall's death with Bobby and Baby, Dean knew that this was no coincidence and his theory had been confirmed. Now all he had to do was get to them before anyone else did.

"So, do we have any ideas about what happened here?" Dean asked the team.

"Well, the incident took place in the bedroom over in the far right corner. It looks like he may have known his attacker because he has no defensive wounds. He was sitting in a casual position facing the bed, as if he was talking to someone. That's all I can say at the moment," replied the blood spatter analyst.