IV

It was dark, but it wasn't anything I wasn't already used to. It wasn't like I could wait any longer. Well, I guess I could but why risk it? This might be the only chance I get.

I took a look at the rope, before stuffing it in my pocket. Headlights shone through the window. I ran over to look out. A woman came out of the car. Must be the wife he spoke about on the phone. Good to know some of the things he spoke about were true. I waited and then noticed him out there with her. I took the chance.

The door wasn't locked. He must've thought I wouldn't attempt. I grabbed a liquor bottle. The only one that wasn't smashed to pieces. The stairs were down the hallway. I ran as fast as I was able. I ran until I made it to the back door. They were out front. I unlocked it and stepped outside. The yard was fenced. I threw the bottle down.

That was nothing. I pulled myself to the top and jumped. I fell but caught myself with my hands. Brushing the dirt off with my clothes I looked ahead. I took a second to try to think about where I could be, I had no idea so decided on going straight. At least I'd be away from this place.

Once I was certain that I was a safe distance away. I allowed myself to stop and catch my breath.

Ahead there were a lot of houses. A neighborhood would be a better way to describe it. I looked behind

me. Nobody was coming. Maybe he hasn't noticed yet. I hoped that was the case. It'll make it much easier for me to collect my thoughts.

I began to start walking again, instead of a full-on sprint. It's both energy-saving and still gets

me closer to safety. Or at least where I assumed I would be safe.  I hoped it was safe. Every sound was intensified, and every little thing caused me to jump. my heart was used to racing by now, and it seemed normal I rubbed my wrists. The burn on my wrist was starting to get to me. It was beginning to lose color and swell. The smell of smoke startled me out of my intrusive thoughts. Someone was out here too. But I couldn't make up my mind as to whether that was, a good thing or a bad one. I settled on the fact that maybe it wasn't wise to start a conversation but perhaps if the kidnapper me or found me. Someone might notice and get hold of the authorities at least that's what my mind was trying to Convince me of and my heart seemed to be buying it so it was good enough for my anxiety.

All the while my anxiety seemed to be worried about more than that. Isn't that the way it functions

though? If it were only one thing it'd be simple. A small fix to all of your problems. A shame that isn't the case with worries, as it seems that the way good things are perceived, is short-lived and based on one good thing. Once the minor thing disappears so do all the seemingly good things and down goes the high .

Back to the other topic. I had a few other worries. One, I was starving, I hadn't eaten in days, and I could tell in the way I could barely hold myself up correctly, food was going to be a "have to" real soon.

Two, how would I know if im safe when im living on the edge right now? Constantly looking over my shoulder expecting to see someone with bad intentions behind me.

And three, how the hell am I going to get where I'm supposed to be when I don't know where I am currently, and have no idea where I'm supposed to be? And worse I have no idea how to find it or what to look for. I have nothing.

If for whatever reason I got directions what good would it do me if I felt like im two steps away from falling to the ground? The only thing I wanted was to go back home. I didn't even care that there was close to nothing for me there. At least I had Alex and Michael. Even the gossip that constantly went around and most times centered around me was something I wouldn't mind going back to. It was normal. It was safe.