You Look Cute Frozen{Cedric Diggory}

“See you at Christmas, pumpkin! And don’t forget- watch out for the Nargles!” My dad called out clueless through the King’s Cross Station.

“Thanks, Dad.” I mean I loved him to death- but he was a bit of an oddball. Just like the Lovegood’s. Luna was my best friend, and I put up with the strange heir most of the time, but not all of it.

Oh, you probably want to know who I am- right? The name’s Melanie Weasley. Yep, that’s right- another one. Fred and George are in my year and they’re my cousins. I have the infamous flaming red hair and light freckles that litter my face.

My hair goes down to the end of my ears in a bob to surround most of my pale white skin. I am around 5’4’’ and I’m athletic-thin, though I’m nowhere near athletic. Believe me, I’ve tried.

I can be found in the brains department on the corner of self-conscious lane. I’m quiet but outgoing enough to be friendly with my best friends. I’m in Ravenclaw, by the way- and we’re smarter than Hogwarts gives us credit for. I’d love to grow up and teach Charms.

Now, about my friends- I acquired them in some . . . let’s say, horrible circumstances. . .

FLASHBACK

“Where do you think you’re going Weasel?” A deep, nasty voice sneered from behind me. I sped up without looking back, before I was frozen solid by the charm I knew all to well-

Perfectus Totalus.

“That’s what I thought; you’ll look at me when I’m talking to you.” Marcus Flint said as his yellowed teeth produced a stench so foul, I thought my face would shrivel at the smell.

My eyes darted around desperately for help. This is what Flint took pride in doing, picking on poor and innocent first years- like myself. Luna was doing her essay back in the library and she and she only was my friend.

So far.

“What’re you doing, Flint?” Someone spat from above me. I couldn’t see them nor could I cran my neck to.

“Teaching Weasel some manners- oh, two more.” Shoot, now some of my cousins could come to rescue me in my hour of pathetic need.

“Melanie?!” Two voices called out in unison. I closed my eyes once that being the only thing I could do. After that I pinched them shut.

“Don’t you have anything better to do?” Another voice spat. I didn’t recognize the others besides the twins.

“Wingardium Leviosa!” The first voice mumbled and I saw just briefly, Flint rising in the air then being hooked on a rigid edge in the stone wall.

“Oh-“ The fourth voice said and I felt my limbs loosen the tighten in pain. I stretched them up and massaged my head once or twice.

“Melanie, Melanie, Melanie,” The twins said again in unison. “Is this how everyday will be? Us saving your butt from Flint?”
“Not everyday.” I murmured and the four boys laughed.

“Oh, I’m Oliver Wood-“ The first one said, and I’ll admit he had a very cute Scottish accent. He held out his hand and I took it, shook it, and dropped it shyly.

“I’m Cedric Diggory,” The other said and I looked up to meet the two perfect hazel-brown eyes. Those were the eyes I fell in love with, then and there.

“Thanks for saving my butt,” I used Fred and George’s term.

“Anytime,” Oliver said. I smiled sheepishly and felt a small blush cover my cheeks. They laughed a few more times before walking me back down to the Great Hall. I sat with them that night.