Marry Me, Today And Everday...{Oliver Wood}

I laced up my purple and black sneakers slowly, listening to the people talking nervously around me. I looked up and saw all the worried looks on everyone’s face. I sighed and picked up my wand and silently made my way to the semi-empty hallway outside the Great Hall. It was quieter out here; I could finally hear myself think. I took a deep breath and collapsed myself onto the cold hard ground. I leaned my head against the brick wall behind me. My soft golden hair gently fell forward in waves as I moved my head back. I saw people running around frantically looking for loved ones, trying to find people that they know. I closed my large hazel colored eyes, tears starting to brim the edges of them. The war was getting close now. I could feel it brewing in the air around me. My family was safe back at home; I didn’t have to worry about them. I’m just worried for everyone one else really, the people that don’t know where their families are. I felt a tear run down my cheek as I thought about it. I felt overwhelming warmth as I heard someone sit down beside me. A familiar and comforting smell filled my nostrils. I opened my eyes and saw the handsome face of Oliver Wood. He smiled at me and gently wiped away the tear that had stained my face with his thumb. The touch of his skin made my heart pound in my chest. I smiled and flung my arms around his strong neck. He threw his arms round me and held me tightly.

“Oliver, what are you doing here?” He chuckled lightly.

“I’ve come to help out in the battle, it’s the least I could do.” His Scottish accent caused a smile to come to my face. I pulled back and looked at him, his face looked older than I remember, but still handsome none the less.

“I haven’t seen you in…”

“A year. I know.” He pushed a stray hair behind my ear. The touch of his hand made tingles go throughout my body. He looked at me; his gorgeous blue eyes sparkled in the little moonlight that was shining. “I’ve missed you Louis. I didn’t know how much until I just saw you, crying right now.” I looked up at him and smiled. “I’m sorry.” I closed my eyes and buried my face into his burley neck. All the feelings rushing back to me. He put his hand into my hair and held me against him tightly. “The battle is close, I can feel it.” I nodded against his shoulder, tears soaking through his light gray shirt. I heard people racing frantically around us, yelling and whispering, pacing back and forth. Oliver placed his lips on my ear, causing a shiver to go up my spine. “Carmella.” He whispered lightly. I pulled back and looked at him, tears fogging up my vision. He smiled and gently wiped away my tears with his soft fingers. “Don’t cry, I’m here now.” He pulled me into him, his smell overtaking everything. “I’m sorry for leaving you Carmella, but I had too.” I nodded lightly against his chest.

“I know, I’m not mad.” He kissed the top of my head lightly.

“I just want you to know that I still love you.” My heart skipped a beat and my stomach lurched when he said that. I looked up at his face, a light smile on his perfect pink lips. “I’ve always loved you Louis, always.” I smiled and he put his hand on my blushed cheek. He slowly brought his head forward and planted a soft loving kiss on my lips. All my feelings came flushing back to me and sparks ignited between us. He pulled back and caressed my cheek lovingly.

“I love you too Oliver.” A grin formed on his face. I heard a large crash coming from the Great Hall behind us. I looked up at Oliver, fear forming in my eyes. His face dropped and he pulled me into him tightly. I heard screaming and then I saw an abundance of spells flying through the air. Oliver looked at me, worry spread across his face.

“I guess it’s time.” I looked around and saw people darting in and out of the room, pieces of shrapnel flying every which way. He got up slowly, holding out his hand for me to take. I slowly grabbed his hand and lifted myself up. He pulled me into a hug. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his strong waist. He kissed the top of my head lightly. “Don’t leave my sight; I will protect you with everything I have.” I felt tears starting to fall down my face. I nodded slightly. I heard another large crash. He pulled back and looked at me. “Promise me something.” I looked up at his eyes.