Black Mesa- Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I tried to reach for anything that could be on the floor. There's a dead soldier armed with a shotgun but I can't reach it and if I did i'd have to take the soldier's grasp off it. Did the security guard eavesdrop on the military radios, it's his job to protect scientists so I think my theory is correct. The zombies are approaching me, I just hope they can't make out where I am. But they can see me. 

Suddenly a zombie gets sniped in the head. Soldiers can't use sniper rifles so whoever just shot the zombie is either a security guard, an epic scientist or an assassin. *BOOM!* Another zombie gets sniped. Two down three to go. *BOOM!* This time it hits the dead zombie pinned on me causing it to topple sideways. I take a grenade and pull out the pin, I reach for a chair and smash the window glass and jump out. The grenade explodes. The sniper shows himself, he's an assassin. 

"Who are you!?" I ask with some anger in my voice, why did I?

"That's no way to talk to me since I saved your life" He says "Anyway i'm Mike Mason".

"How did you know I was even an assassin?" I ask.

"So you think i'm as blind as those zombie aliens?" He replies "Commander Caine has a message for you" 

Commander Caine, the leader of all human grunts/soldiers. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"He wants you and some other assassins to act as a roadblock in Sector 16" Mike replies "To stop Gordon Freeman but we need to capture him alive" 

"But where is Sector 16?" I ask. 

"Follow me" He commands. 

We walk past a few vending machines which reminds me I have a backpack full of food. We pass a corridor and turn left. There's an exit and it's outside although it's dark (I would say it's about 4am or something). There is a bunker, a tower and some female assassins placed in a sort of odd formation. I'm greeted by two male assassins and we have to stay on either side behind the exit/entrance.  

"Are you running low on food and drink supplies?" I ask them. 

"We don't even have a crumb" One of the male assassins replies. 

There are vending machines everywhere, why don't they steal from that? Anyway if I run out of food i'll stock up with the vending machines. The only reason I can see is because of the bright lights all around. 

"What happens if all the assassins out there die because of Gordon?" I ask. 

"Many people it's not like they're more valuable" Mike says. 

"So why did you save me?" I argued. 

"Because you're a commander assassin" He said "And them too" He points at the male assassins "Phil Carsum and Kurt Deggers" 

Strange names but whatever. We eat and drink and then dawn approaches. A few scientists tried getting through but were all shot by the female assassins. 

"When do you think Gordon will arrive?" Phil asks. 

"Probably in a few minutes or hours" Mike answers. 

"I'll get some more food" I say.

I leave to stock up but then I catch a glimpse of G-man. 

"Tomorrow, tomorrow you will succeed" G-man whispered. 

I come back with twice as much food and drinks than usual. 

"Why so much food?" Kurt asks. 

"We could be here 'till tomorrow" I answer. 

My walkie talkie turns on. 

"We're bieng attacked!" Someone shouts. It's Spike! 

Spike's base is quite far from here but according to the map of Black Mesa section 4 out of 7 all directions lead this way...