Black Mesa- Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I realise the unknown organism that sees me as a delicious sandwich wants me dead before it takes a chunk of me. It raises its hands which gives me a chance to attack, either Darren was too dumb or too scared to realise there was a combat knife right by his shelter. I grab the knife but the Thing whacks it out of my hand, giving me a noticeable scar across my hand. It goes for another strike but then makes a quiet squeal. What the hell happened, it must be good because the strange living thing tried to leave but stopped. 

"Shh! Shh!" An odd shadowy figure says and lays his hands on the Thing's head (Or creature). He lifts the creature off the scientists head when suddenly he lifted the creature up high and threw it to the ground causing it to explode into tiny disgusting bits. 

"Who the hell are you!?" I ask "I demand and answer!" 

"The man who started this and the rebel leader of the future is not me but he is Gordon Freeman" The Man answers. 

Gordon Freeman. For a minute I think he's lying but then I think more carefully, He scared a carnivorous creature, killed it and gives information that fits the description. He's not lying. I must report this to the others as soon as I can.

"So what are these things?" I ask. 

"They're dead, They eat people and are controlled by unknown creatures" He explained. 

So they're zombie aliens? Dammit! That means the scratch on my hand could infect me! If I want support with the soldiers I can't let them know this. 

"By the way your wounds are not infectious but watch out for headcrabs, they'll jump on your head and kill you." He said. Could he read my mind? 

"You can call me G-man" He said. 

If my wounds are not infectious then that still won't stop the soldiers from believing i'm not a mindless walking object. G-man healed my sprained leg but nothing else. I grabbed the combat knife and sprinted back to Darren's shelter. 

"Do you have a radio?" I ask Darren. 

"Your alive! It's a miracle!" He murmurs. 

"Yes, that's not the point. Do you have a radio?" I repeat. 

"No..." He sadly whispers. 

"OK I'll go search for a radio, do you want to come with me?" I ask ready to take off. 

"NO! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!!!" He shouts. He'd be lucky the zombies didn't assault him at night, they're probably deaf but I wouldn't risk it. 

I take off and see another zombie. I circle it but I don't think he sees me unless he feels vibrations. I'm such an idiot. I reckon if I stabbed the body the headcrab will jump off and attack me, i'll have to stab the headcrab. I charge at the zombie and stab the headcrab. The body slowly falls down while I attempt to get my combat knife out of it. I retrieve it and head on. 

The hallways are full of explosives and confusing directions on the walls. I'm looking for an exit, not the exhibit N13 or biology laboratory. Really I should be looking for a radio since Black Mesa is so huge and in the middle of the desert I wouldn't find any exit. the best I can do is just survive. Suddenly I come across an elevator, I should be going up to a crash site of any kind for a military radio. I force the rusty doors with my bare hands. It's freezing in Black Mesa (either that or the heating was destroyed during the incident. I enter the elevator and press the second button but instead of going up it went down at high speed.