Chapter 43: Fear of losing her

Edward's POV

I'm feeling so helpless right now knowing that my love is in danger but still I'm not able to do anything about it. I have never felt this helpless in my entire life.

How I wish to have her in my arms right now, safe...away from any harm in the world.

"Are you okay" I asked, my voice filled with concern and fear.

Fear of losing her.

"Yes" was all she replied from the other end, she didn't hang up till now as I told her not to because we are trying to trace the call right now to get the proper location. I have asked Mack to do this for me as he knows someone who is expert in all this.

Are you okay.

These are the three words I kept asking her after every five minutes. I just need to make sure that she's fine for the peace of my mind.

Because I'm worried, I'm worried that he that son of a bitch might do something bad to her, he might harm her.

But if he did something stupid again then I'm not going to leave him this time, last time I couldn't do anything but not again.

He is messing with the wrong person, there's no escape for him this time.

"Don't worry" I heard Vihaan's voice as he kept his hand on my shoulder showing his support as I nodded.

He's asking me not to worry when he himself is worried as hell, he is trying to look calm but I can tell that he is anything but calm. After all who can be calm after knowing that the crazy person who killed his love is now after his own sister.

"Edward" Vihaan's voice again broke the chain of my thoughts as he handed me his phone and I saw an unknown number flashing on the screen "I guess it's Mack maybe he traced the location" he added. I had asked Mack to call on his number because my phone is already engaged.

"Did your man found something" I asked trying to stay calm.

"Yeah we have traced him, I have already texted the location to you and I'll be reaching there too with the cops" he replied.

"Great" I said before hanging up, he was so shocked when I told him what happened and asked to trace down Gary's location.

But anyways now I need to get going.

"Ashima you don't worry, we have traced the location we'll be there soon okay" I said but didn't got any reply from the other end, I looked at the screen only to see the call disconnected I tried to call again but it said switched off which worried me more as I increased the speed of the car along with the increasing rate of my heartbeat.

I need to reach there soon.

And fortunately we reached there sooner then expected to which I was really thankful.

"What are we waiting for we should just break the door already" Vihaan said as we stood in front of the Gary's apartment as I just nodded and we both tried to break the door trying not to make much noise because we didn't wanted him to get alert, soon enough the door's lock broke open giving us a way to get in.

There was no one present in the living room as we slowly walked in looking around us as we saw all the things thrown here and there broken into many pieces which made me more worried thinking what might have happened here and Ashima's phone being switched off and the silence of this apartment is not helping at all.

Suddenly as we moved closer to a room we heard someone yelling at the top of their voice breaking the silence which was surrounding us earlier, it didn't took me a second to know that it's Gary's voice.

Yell as much as you want Gary because I won't be leaving you in the state to even talk properly, I thought while turning the door knob opening the door. His back was the first thing that came into our view until he turned towards us as he sensed our presence.

"Edward" I heard her low voice as my eyes moved to the figure sitting on the floor with the corner of her lip bleeding, my jaw clenched seeing that.

Our eyes met instantly calming me down for a while as I sighed I can't even tell how relieved I'm to see her again.

"Don't come near us" suddenly I heard Gary's voice as he pulled Ashima by her arm to stand up as she whined in pain when he kept a sharp knife on her neck.

"I'll kill her don't come near me, if she can't be mine then I won't let her live another day to see her being someone else's and specially yours Edward" he yelled.

He took my name with so much hatred.

"I was going to kill her anyways but suddenly you came, it'll be even better to kill her in front of your eyes right" he added.

"Don't you dare hurt her or else you know what I'm capable of" I said not moving from my place fearing that he might hurt her.

"Try me" he replied.

"Leave her" Vihaan's angry voice bloomed in the room, he didn't say a word since we entered this room but I can feel the rage and worry in his voice.

"Oh I didn't notice that the protective brother is here too" he mocked.

I was losing my control and was about to walk towards him to beat the shit out of him but stopped when suddenly Ashima grabbed the vase that was kept on the nightstand just beside her and slammed it on his head as it broke into pieces. He didn't pass out or something but the sudden attack caught him off guard and was enough for him to drop the knife as he held his head which was now bleeding a little with both of his hands whining in pain.

Grabbing the chance Ashima ran towards me and I embraced her in my arms as relief washed over me.

A while later I tried to pull away because I really wanted to beat Gary till he begged for his life but she stopped me.

"Please stay" she said weakly.

"You take her home I'll handle him" Vihaan said calmly, his eyes glued on Gary who fell down on his knees still whining.

"No, I'm going to kill him he doesn't deserves to live he has killed an innocent girl and now he was going to repeat that" I replied gritting my teeth in rage.

"You go home with Vihaan I'll be back soon" I said softly moving my eyes towards her only to see her passed out in my arms.

"Ashima" I called out panicked patting her cheek gently.

"She needs you, take her to the doctor and trust me I'll handle everything here, after all first it's my right to take my revenge" he said and not wanting to argue anymore considering Ashima's condition I just nodded before carrying her out.

I hope she's fine.

****

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Bye until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)