Chapter 12: Just friends

Edward's POV

It's been few days since the night at club and many times I thought to call Ashima but dropped the idea because of my big fat ego. The way she pushed me, I felt rejected. And to be honest in these past few days I have been really frustrated and took all my anger out on my employees.

And when Mack came to know about my behavior, he visited me yesterday at my office just to know if I was okay.

I sighed as I recalled our conversation.

"Okay so this is what happened that night, then you should leave your ego behind and talk to her" Mack said after I told him everything.

"Well I don't think it's a good idea" I immediately dismissed the idea.

"Look Ashima is not that type of girl with whom you sleep around, so you need to apologize" Mack said but I didn't reply.

"Okay then don't be mad when your Ashima will be with someone else, and maybe I should set her up with Gary" Mack said again smirking and what he said instantly burned me with anger. This idea didn't sit well with me.

"I won't let that happen, do you get that" I said slamming my hands on the table.

"See that's what I was trying to explain you, you need to clear things between you two before it's too late" Mack replied calmly to which I nodded thoughtfully as I calmed down.

"But mind to tell me why you don't like Gary" he asked but I stayed quiet not knowing what to say, he doesn't know what this Gary had done and I'm in no mood to explain him everything now.

"Sir, we are here" I snapped out of my thoughts hearing my drivers voice.

I got out of the car and looked at the building in which Ashima stays. After talking to Mack I decided that I'll clear the things between me and Ashima, I don't want to lose her.

I sighed as I got on ninth floor and pressed the door bell, I knew her address already and it was not hard to find on which floor she stays. It's about ten so she must be back from work till now I thought as I pressed the door bell again.

And in few seconds the door opened and there she stood in her pajama and a loose top but still looking beautiful and cute at the same time as usual.

"Won't you invite me in" I said looking in her eyes. While she looked surprised to see me.

******

Ashima's POV

I was having my dinner sitting on the sofa while watching a movie and that is when the door bell rang twice, so I kept the plate of food aside and lazily got up to open the door.

I opened the door wondering who it could be at this time and was surprised to see Edward standing there looking hot in his black suit like always, please stop it Ashi I scolded myself.

"Won't you invite me in" he said looking straight in my eyes kind of distracting me.

"Yeah please come in" I replied and he walked in.

"Actually I came here to talk about something" he said impatiently.

"Okay come sit" I replied and sat on the sofa as he did the same.

"So what do you want to talk about" I said as he was looking around my apartment like examining it.

"So how's work going" he asked ignoring my question and I rolled my eyes to which he frowned and didn't looked quiet happy.

"Good, now come to the point" I replied, somehow I knew what he wanted to talk about.

"Actually I wanted to apologize for that night, look I have never apologized to anyone for anything so you have to forgive me if you like it or not, you have got no options" I said or should I say threatened me.

He didn't looked apologetic rather he looked really cute and his words made me giggle, who on earth apologies in this way. While he looked amused.

"Okay I forgive you, although I don't know why" I said as I finally stopped giggling and he gave me a genuine smile.

"But listen I forgive you this time but make sure that won't happen again" I said seriously "I think you misunderstood my friendship into something else, I just want you as my friend nothing else" I added after a pause.

"Okay I get what you want to say" he replied with a blank expression and there was silence for few seconds.

"Oh sorry I forgot to ask you what will you have tea?" I asked breaking the awkward silence.

"No thank you I think I'll leave now" he replied still with his strange expression as he walked towards the door but stopped but didn't turn back "Will see you again soon my dear friend" he said stressing on friend before walking out, it sounded more like a promise while I just stood looking at his retreating figure.

I sighed, well I think it's better if I stay away from him, the effect his kiss had on me that night, it was not good it made me lose my senses for a moment and if I keep meeting him I won't be able to stop myself from falling for him and I don't want to fall for anyone ever. I have to stop all this before it's too late.

After having dinner I decided to call it a night and got into bed but still Edward was not leaving my head. I kept turning on the bed until sleep finally took over me.

******

Edward's POV

I sighed as I leaned my head against the car seat, I'm on my way back to home but this Ashima is still not leaving my head.

I guess my attraction towards her is getting too much now and her rejection is making it worst I think it's because I have never been rejected like this before.

I heard it somewhere that when you don't get what you want, you start to run after it more and more.

And I guess that's what is happening with me now. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself.

I don't care if she doesn't want anything more then friendship, but I just know one thing that I'll soon make you fall for me Ashima, I thought to myself with a devilish smile on my face.

******

Thanks for reading.
I hope you liked it.
Please vote and comment.

Bye for now :)