[ AFTERWORD ]

AFTERWORD

We live, as you may know, in a world of conflict. And it's just life, right? You can't get out. You won't escape it. Screw hope, and all that jazz. Screw friends that don't ask how you've been or family members that ask how you are on this particular day of the year and only want to hear the word "Okay." Screw teachers that call on you even though you sit in the back of the room for a reason and are obviously on the verge of tears or a mental break down. Screw the cashier at the gas station that forgets to mutter "Have a nice day" with your coffee or the masses of people that swim around you constantly, as if you're actually invisible and non-existent.

Chances are, a lot of people can relate to what I just said. And they would agree. They would know that we live in a world of problems and screaming and crying and wars that never seem ready to end... They'd know.

They won't admit that it's a world of love too. 

Love is stupid and crazy and delirious and rage-inducing and a cause of headaches across the globe... but it's there. And the more you deny it, the more it will rear its little head into your life.

We often blind ourselves to the pain of others, and I hate to admit it but we're all burning in this fire.

What I'm trying to get at here, is that nothing is ever easy. People aren't easy. Love isn't easy. Life isn't easy.

To a lot of people, Nina and Cooper's relationship seems to come easy, and where the chemistry may, there are problems to counter that. And sometimes it's hard to admit that all of our closest friends are hiding something from us. That there might be something in their hearts that they've deemed awful and horrendous and don't want to bother you with. And to you it might be the most minuscule shit of a problem you've ever heard - but it's important that the people you love know that you care. That you'll listen to that problem even if it has to do with the death of their mother's uncle's pet cat and you'll hold them and it'll be okay even if it probably won't. 

Love is the most powerful gift you can give another human being. It stretches beyond huge proclamations of love or signs on towers or diamond rings. Not even the romantic kind of love. The family love. The stranger kind of love. The city lights kind of love. It moves in our oceans, our cities, our hearts - never stopping and never ending. 

Writing 'Little Talks' has opened a lot of doors for me. Since writing this, I've started asking more of my friends how they are, how people are in general. Considering I'm usually the awkward shy girl asking about the weather - this was a big, gradual change for me. And I'm not a new person, I'm still the same Jude from back when I started. But I've opened myself a little further, I've stretched my mind a little wider. I'm not as quick to judge. 

This book has followed me throughout a lot of rough spots throughout the past months, and has never failed to stop me from smiling. It's been a long, dragon-slaying journey and I consider myself to be the luckiest person on earth for all of the support I've received. 

But remember - this isn't the end.

This never ends. 

Stay lovely and beautiful.
Jude Rigor.