Lavender Rose - Love at First Sight {EDITED}

Haru was quite an ordinary girl: she loved kids, had many friends and went to a prestigious all-girls private school. One thing that she supposes wasn't normal was the fact that she didn't like boys.

In her opinion, they were smelly, cruel, stupid idiots. They seemed to get in the way of everyone's studies at her school and she thought that she would never understand the 'warm, happy feeling' other girls would get when they had a crush on some random guy.

It was an alien concept. For her, the only things that mattered were your grades and levels, and getting a good, well-paying job.

She remembered seeing a brunette walk to Namimori Middle every day with a cute little infant always either walking beside him, sitting in his wild mop of locks or on his shoulder. Okay, it was a little creepy because she would watch them from afar.

If you ever asked her about it, she would say that she was 'observing' them but she was clearly stalking them.

Eventually, she decided to come up to the pair and talk to them. Kids were her weak spot- she couldn't care less about the boy.

Naturally, when she heard the fedora-wearing baby spouting nonsense about being a hitman in the Italian mafia, she was furious. So, she slapped the brunette and yelled at him for tainting the child's innocence.

After school, she thought that she had the perfect plan; fight the boy and defeat him, the baby stays with her. If he wins, the baby will stay in his care. She thought she was quite ready to battle with him (armed with her kitchen utensils and cardboard).

Looking back on it now, it was quite a ridiculous idea. With all that extra weight on her petite frame, it was no wonder that she had fallen over the edge of the bridge.

It was very foolish, to wear all of that on a bridge in the first place. She can't remember much after falling into the water;- she coughed and struggled that's for sure. But then, she remembers someone pulling her out of the river.

It was the same brunette she had slapped earlier that day- Sawada Tsunayoshi. At first, she stuck to the boy like glue and claimed that she loved him blindly. It started as a simple admiration for the boy who had saved her from drowning.

Nothing more, nothing less.

However, as she had gotten to know the boy she grew to understand the warm, happy feeling her friends would talk about so often. There was just something about the brunette that made her feel safe and secure... It made her feel loved.

The first time she noticed it was when her heart would ache when the brunette was gone; when they were transported ten years into the future. 'Do you really love him?' Her subconscious would ask at random times.

She knew the answer as soon as she would look over at him.

'Yeah.' She smiled. 'I do.'

Here she was, with a single lavender rose which represented love at first sight. It was quite an ironic choice for her situation.

Sawada Tsunayoshi, the boy who stole her heart. And now, she's giving him a reminder:

That he's the only one she'll ever want.