Here and Now

Harry awoke in stages. 

Although his mind was still adrift, the first things he became aware of were the sensations thrumming throughout his body: languid, sated, boneless, stripped bare like he'd been reborn. He smiled, his eyes still closed, recalling the reason for his current state of wholeness.

Ever since he and Draco had begun opening up with one another, talking about their pasts and eventually sharing a bed, Harry's nightmares had become infrequent and far less vivid. On nights he did have one, he no longer woke up screaming. He was definitely sleeping a lot better than when he'd been taking Dreamless Sleep Potions, and Harry knew it was all because of Draco.

The next thing he became aware of was the warmth of a smooth, pliant body pressed against him, a perfect fit; the lingering scent of vanilla and bergamot flooding his olfactory senses. Draco. Harry's arms tightened instinctively around Draco's waist. He buried his face against the blond's nape, breathing in deeply. He would never, could never, get enough of Draco.

Harry opened his eyes slowly, fully awake now. He squinted at the blinding shafts of sunlight filtering in through their window. He let his mind wander just for another moment, recalling the events of the previous evening.

Everyone viewed Draco in a certain way---a Pureblood, an arrogant prig, a Slytherin, a Marked man, a Death Eater, a Malfoy, an enemy. All elaborate masks that were meant to deceive, hiding a beautiful, tormented soul that probably nobody else would ever see. Except Harry. Draco had allowed him to see past his barriers. Draco bared everything in all its scarred and complicated glory, a mosaic of colors and shadows that was so unequivocally Draco. Perhaps, Harry had always been able to see right through him. He'd just been too proud and arrogantly self-righteous to see past Draco's facade. Until now. It had taken a War and then some for Harry to finally just stop and truly see Draco for who he was.

Not too many words were spoken between them the previous night. Draco had chosen to teach Harry through each caress; fingers exploring, for the first time, hidden places they'd never dared touch before. It was no longer just about seeking pleasure and a quick release while they buried their emotions deep within. They'd told their truths to one another through their soft, lingering caresses and questing lips, laying themselves bare to one another in the darkness and intimacy of the night.

Harry felt like that was the first time they'd slowed down and actually let themselves feel beyond the physical ecstasy they so easily give to one another. Draco had been exquisite and different, and Harry had eagerly followed his lead. He'd let himself just feel and reciprocated in kind: Draco's hands all over him, exploring and caressing as though relearning everything there was about Harry; Draco's breathless sighs against his ears or ghosting over his lips; Draco's lingering kisses on his heated skin; and then, there was Draco's tight channel, clenching breathtakingly around Harry, grasping at him as he moved slowly, deeply. He savored each of Draco's hitched breaths, gasping sighs, and strangled moans as Harry rediscovered and made love to every inch of him.

Harry smiled contentedly, pulling Draco flush against his chest as he pressed soft kisses onto the blond's shoulder.

"You're squashing me, you oaf. I can't breath." Draco mumbled in a sleep-thick voice, complaining, yet his slender hand had already found Harry's and twined their fingers together.

"Good morning." Harry chuckled, pulling the duvet tighter around them as he snuggled closer.

Draco hummed, twisting around so they were facing one another. He made a face, gesturing at their mouths, making Harry snort in mock derision.

With a grin, Harry gently traced Draco's lips with his thumb and a wash of tingling Magic filled Draco's mouth, leaving behind the refreshing taste of lemons and mint.