1988 Part 2

Dave's POV

"Anne?" I spoke after a long and awkward silence.

Anne didn't reply though she stood still and didn't move like a rabbit in the headlights. By now my knee was getting really sore and my palms were sweating.

"I-I ....I," Anne stuttered keeping me in torturing apprehension.

"I...need to tell you something Dave. Something I should have told you as soon as found out a couple of months ago," Anne finally spoke, but I was worried now.

I closed the box in my hand and put it back in the inside pocket of my blazer. Anne walked over to me adjusting her dress as she sat down. Tears brimming her chocolate brown eyes. I know this sounds cliché but nothing breaks my heart more than seeing my beautiful fe..-girlfriend cry.

Anne's POV

I knew that it would come out sooner or later but just not today, on our date, while he was proposing. The man I love is still in suspension and I can see the worry in his face.Usually he is the one to comfort me, so his expressions are unreadable. It's now or never.

"Dave, I'm so sorry," I broke into tears, I couldn't hold them back any longer.

"Please just tell me, we have been sat here for 15 minutes now and I'm trying to think of anything bad that you've done and I can't Anne," Dave lowered his voice to try and comfort me.

Again this is something about me and he is comforting me! I really don't deserve him at all, he's too good for me.

"Well, I..I..I'm pregnant David," I announced at last!

"WHAT?" Dave yelled.

"Oh my gosh, I knew you would hate me now. I'll go, I promise. I'll leave by next week and you won't have to bare it and look at me," I rushed the words out.

I have never seen Dave like this ever before, he has never shouted at me before ever. Ever. I have know Dave for 3 years ,and sure we have argued but never has he raised he voice that high at me before. Ever. This had to be bad.

Dave's POV

"Anne, stop," I snapped her back into reality.

"I'm so happy for us right now! I can't believe it!" I practically squealed.

"Wh..what?" Anne asked

"I thought you would go mad and say 'we're still so young' 'go get an abortion' but no you're happy! Really are you happy?" Anne questioned me.

"Of course I'm shocked, who wouldn't be? But I definitely want to keep our baby," I said whilst wrapping my arm around Anne to comfort her.

I was still in wonder of why she avoided the proposal. Surely if she's pregnant she would want to marry me. What am I going to do with the ring now?

Anne's POV

Right now I was just so overwhelmed, happy and excited. By now it must be midnight and I'm exhausted.

"Come on Anne. Lets get you home, I know that I'm tired, so I know you must be," Dave stood up and held out his hand to pull me up.

We then began walking back to the car. Now I just had to tell my parents..and that wasn't going to be easy.

(A/N: Yey chapter 2!! thank you everybody that reads. We know that the first chapters aren't very long but they are only supposed to be little clips of the past, to get a bit of background! Harry will come in in a few chapters! Please keep reading !! ILYSM!!!)