1988 Part 1

1988

Anne's POV

D: Hey babe!

A: Hey hey Dave

D: Soooo, they're playing Grease in the park today. You wanna go with me?

Grease is like my ultimate favourite movie and always will be like forever!!!!

A: Oh my god defiantly. Can't wait baby!

D: Ill pick you up at 8, okay?

D: Oh and wear the pink and yellow floral dress its like my favourite dress on you, and you haven't wore it in ages.

A: Okay babe, can't wait ahhh, see you at 8!!!!

D: See you soon baby!! Love you!!

A: I love you more!!

D: I love you most!!!

I logged out of my emails and my computer, packing my belongings and setting off home to get ready for our movie.

Dave is my boyfriend of 4 years. I never thought I'd ever be him with to be honest. He's rich, I'm average. He looks like heaven, I look well not like Audrey Hepburn that's for sure. But here were are, together for 4 years, nothing can separate us. He treats me like his queen and he is my king.

I met him when I was in University, when I was 19 and he was 20. He was taking business studies, wanting to go into administration or work in his father's company. I wanted to be a journalist, my love for books and literature was unbelievable, name any book, I'd probably have read it.

Aaaaand we have a movie date tonight, which I was dying to get to. I waved my arm and hopped onto the bus. I only lived about 15 minutes away from work on the bus.

Before I knew it I was home and getting into the shower. I owned a small flat in Cheshire, just me and my cat, Dusty. Getting out of the shower, I checked the time. 7:40pm. I hurried up and got out the pink and yellow floral dress Dave loved ever so much. Being honest, I didn't see what was so amazing or unique about the dress. It was yellow and pink and was covered in pink and purple flowers and went down to my knees. I think what he really loved about the dress was he picked it out for me when we went shopping. I guess that's why he loved it so much.

Drying my hair, I let my brown straight hair fall onto my shoulders, and clipped a small bow into my hair. As I finished applying a little bit of lip gloss, the doorbell rang and I slipped on my flats. As I opened the door, I saw Dave standing there in a pair of black jeans and a white dress shirt. He looked amazing, like my prince, which he was. In his hands he held a bouquet of red roses and he looked at me with wide eyes, a small smile on his face.

"Anne, you look- I jus- wo- you look amazing, I mean you always do- wait- no- its just you look extra amazing tonight- wait-" I interrupted him by giving him a short kiss on the cheek, to stop his stuttering.

"Thank you. As do you David," I said and let out a small laugh.

"Shall we my love?" he asked in a weird accent making me laugh.

"We shall" I giggled

As we made our way to the car he opened the door for me, like the gentlemen he is, and we both then sat in his car. The park was only a 5 minutes away from the flat so it wasnt too long until we were there.

We got out and took out the blanket and the picnic basket with us. We made our way over to the grass in front of the big wall and placed out our picnic. It was autumn so the stars were out and it was dark too. The movie started and we got out our snacks turning our attention to movie, seated next to each other, his arm around me and my head on his shoulder.

~~~2 hours later~~~

The movie was now over and I obviously danced to like every song. It was now like 10pm and we were just strolling around the park, hand in hand. We laughed, we danced, we talked, just me, him and this beautiful night I could never forget. We came to may favourite place, the park pond. It was stunning at night, the moon shined off the water perfectly creating such a romantic atmosphere, the grass swaying gently with the breeze. I turned to my side to see Dave was gone however there was a note and some roses. I picked up the not and the rose and read it carefully:

"So I thought we would make tonight a bit more interesting. Follow the roses and you'll find a suprise at the end. Keep going!"

I found a few more roses creating a path and I picked them up and followed the trail until I saw a big tree in front of the lake and went around tree.

"David, are you here? What's this big surprise you have for me?" I said while chuckling and with a small smile on my face.

My eyes went wide at what I saw and a my hand covered my mouth.

There in front of me was David Styles, on his knee with a box in his hand.

He had the biggest yet most nervous smile on his face.

And in the box was a diamond ring.

My jaw dropped.

"Anne Matthew, will you do the honour of being a prince's princess, a king's queen, my bride? Will you marry me?"

(A/N Hey guys, this is our very first fanfic so sorry if were crap aha, anyway we'll try to update as much as possible but we are a bit busy, thank and we hope you enjoy life line. Also, Harry will come into the book in soon, so keep reading. We just wanted a bit of a back story. Thank you, ilysm xoxo)