Chapter 2

Traffic's being a btch tonight. Urgh. It's already 11:30pm, and the cars aren't moving forward even just an inch. Crap.

1:00am. Finally. I'm home, but still parking my car. And I heard a crash. Pops.

"Pops? What are you doing outside at this hour? It's already 1:00am."

 Bogsh.

"Pops! Stop throwing those bottles. You'e already drunk!"

"Me? Drunk? N-no!"

Bogsh.

"Pops, please stop. You'll wake our neighbors."

"Ulga bulga moya ya ya kwekwekwekwe waya woooo."

Oh shit, my pops is really drunk. I can't even understand those words. Bogsh.

"Pops-- Oh my gosh."

Well, Pops "accidentally" hit our neighbor's window- we've been living side by side for probably 4 years yet still we havent interacted with each other- causing him to wake up and went out. 

"I am so sorry. It's just that my Pops' drunk and--"

"Obviously."

"I am so sor--"

"It's okay. I understand" He pauses and continued," Hey uh, we've been neighbors for God-knows-how-long and I still havent introduced myself" he reaches out his hand, "I'm Dominique, Nique for short"

"I'm sorry but I didn't ask your name. Okay, bye."

I walked Pops to his room, he's still really affected with Layla's death. Who wouldn't be? I really miss her. I miss everything about her. Curse that killer. I'm gonna find him.

"Layla, I love you," Pops whispered and fell asleep.

I love her too, Pops. And I swear, I'm really gonna freakin' find that bastard.

"Good morning, officer Kieff."

"Good morning." Everybody was greeting me as I walk in the office.

"Oh, Xiethe! There you are." Oh, Gregory.

"Yeah?"

"Let's go," he grabbed my arm and walked out of the office.

"Greg, let me freakin' go." And he did. It led us to his car and took out some papers from his briefcase.

"I've got the list of suspects of Layla's death," he handled to me those papers.

Augustus Willies; 29 years old, from Florida, photographer.

-He took a photo of the abandoned house a week before the incident. And it was said that he flew to the Philippines after that.

Lee Fultron; 25  years old, from New York, teacher of Layla.

-He recently gave an assignment to Layla which was about drawing different kinds of houses. It may be a massion, abandoned, nipa hut, and other kinds of houses.

Jayson Cobra; 23 years old, from Newtown, ice cream vendor.

-Some people saw Layla buying ice cream from him on the day she was killed.

Clary Hudsons; 24 years old, from Austria, baby sitter of Layla.

-She was with Layla a few hours before the incident and suddenly disappeared during the incident.

"Let's go?"

"Yeah."

And off we go.