Malfoy Doesn't Make it to the Bathroom //7

The rest of Draco's day had passed relatively smoothly, he kept his head down in his lessons and for the most part avoided talking to any of his friends. Tonight was his first night in Snape's quarters and he was very nervous as he really didn't know what to expect. He finished the last sentence of his Defence Against the Dark Arts essay and he slowly walked up to the front of the class to hand it in. As he walked out from the classroom he felt someone grab his hand and pull him to the side of the corridor. It was Pansy. "Are you angry at me?" she asked, sounding rather angry herself. "What? no? why?" Draco questioned, looking cluelessly at her mean looking face. "You've been avoiding me, barley even looking at me, and I want to know what I have done to deserve that?" Pansy said, even more angry now. Draco really liked Pansy, but knew that if he told her about his problems and the fact he had to live with Snape because of them that she would never speak to him again, so instead he shrugged and pushed past her and began walking to the courtyard for some fresh air. 

As he walked away he heard the loud sigh of Pansy, before she started quickly walking after him. Once she had caught up, she positioned herself in front of Draco so he couldn't walk away before she started speaking again. "I get it, I was an arse when you pissed yourself on the train, but I told you I was sorry, you know I didn't mean that. So what are you angry at now, or have you just got bored?" Pansy spoke, quieter this time, sounding a lot more hurt than angry. Draco took a deep breath in, preparing himself for what he was going to say next. "Pansy, my life is way too complicated for me to have any sort of relationship on top, you're perfect, it's just me who doesn't have the time at the moment" Draco said sincerely. "If I was that perfect you'd make time..." Pansy said, an undertone of sadness flooded over her as she spoke, before she moved out from in front of Draco and briskly walked in the opposite directly. 

Draco couldn't believe it, he didn't have the guts to tell her the truth. The most beautiful girl in Slytherin house wanted to be going out with him but he ignored her purely because he couldn't tell her the truth. Draco walked slowly towards the courtyard entrance, in desperate need of some time alone before he headed back to Snape's room. The night was cold, as Draco breathed a could formed in front of his face, and the bench which Draco chose to sit on was lightly dusted with frost. He sat down feeling heavy hearted and placed in head in his hands and sighed audibly. Unknowingly to Draco, Harry was having a particularly bad day too and had decided to do the same as Draco to try and relax. "Draco? Are you okay?" Harry said quietly as he approached Draco's shivering body. immediately Draco pulled his head from his hand and he stood up abruptly. "What do you want Potter?" he asked, just as angrily as Pansy had spoken to him before. "Ive had a shit day too" Harry spoke softly, only to be pushed out of the way by Draco as he stormed out of the courtyard. Inside Draco felt bad, but he knew that he had to keep up his nasty front so nobody started to ask him any questions, otherwise he might do something stupid like actually tell them what's wrong.

Draco put his hands in his pockets and strode back to Snape's quarters. It was almost 11pm by now and he knew that he was already past his curfew. He anxiously rose his hand onto the door knob of Snape's door and turned it, only to find it locked. Draco took out his wand and raised it at the door. Just as he was about the cast an unlocking charm the door swung open, revealing Snape in his all black pyjamas, carrying a candle which was omitting a lot of bright orange light. "You're late." Snape said dryly, standing in front of the door so that Draco couldn't get in. "Im sorry sir, I lost track of time, it won't happen again" Draco said, clearly truly sorry. Hearing the genuine sorrow in Draco's voice, Snape stepped aside and gestured for Draco to go straight to his room. "In bed, now" Snape demanded, and Draco did exactly what he was told. 

Once in his bedroom Draco began getting ready for bed. At this moment he realised that his bladder had filled up over the course of the afternoon and he was pretty desperate to go for a wee. Not wanting to annoy Snape anymore, he pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind as he crawled into his new bed. Draco lay in his bed, thinking about his day and how he had completely blown off Pansy. Soon he had lulled himself into an uneasy sleep, his arms wrapped around his body offering himself some slight comfort.