Chapter 11 Bottled Up

After several choppy naps, being unpleasantly woken by the ship's movement every time I'd go to sleep, I was awakened once again.  But this time it was because someone was making noise getting into something.  I lifted myself to my feet and peered between the cold bars of my cell.  It was Jack.  He was rummaging around in a crate, not bothering to keep the noise down.  I watched him for awhile, suspicious of what he had in mind.  Finally, after he pulled out a bottle of wine and two goblets, I decided to speak up.

"What are you doing?"

He jumped and spun around.  I clearly saw the fear on his face, but then he spotted me and immediately calmed down.

"Just getting a few things."

I arched one of my brows.  "What for?"

"I'm going to..."  He trailed off, looking shifty eyed.  "...do something.  With Angelica."

I can just imagine.

"Gross." I say flatly.

"Says the married woman." He huffs.

"Exactly.  Married."

He just looks at me.  "I'm sorry, luv, but I really don't know what you're talkin' about."

And with that, he takes the bottle and goblets and swaggers up the ladder.

I let out a heavy sigh and lean my head against the bars.  "Is anyone ever going to let me out of this bloody cell?"

About an hour later, or maybe more, or maybe less...  I don't know, I was starting to lose my mind so I don't really know when it was.  But at some point Jack came back down into the hold.  And thank God, he had the keys to my cell!

He let me out and said something about there being something in Blackbeard's cabin that I might want to see.  I asked him what it was, but he didn't know.  Said he just had a feeling that it was something we'd both be interested in.  So I followed him up on deck where we met Angelica.  She and I sneered at each other for several minutes till Jack reminded her that she was going to show us something.

Angelica led us to a large cabinet at the back of the Captain's cabin and pulled out a key for the gigantic lock that kept the doors shut.

"What about Blackbeard?"  Jack asked quietly, trying not to look nervous.

"He's in the chart room.  We'll have to be quick."  Angelica opened the doors on the cabinet, revealing shelf after shelf of bottled ships.

"You brought us in here to show us his ship in a bottle collection?"  I ask, annoyed.

Angelica glares at me.  "These were once full sized ships.  He keeps each one as a prize."

My heart skips a beat.  Do I dare hope?

I scan the shelves, and sure enough, there she is.

Jack has seen her too, and I see the sadness in his eyes before he fakes confusion to cover it up.  "The Black Pearl in a bottle?  Why is the Black Pearl in a bottle?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Finally the story continues! :D  Sorry this chapter is so short, but the chapters were short before, so...  Yeah.