Chapter 5 -

Aurora POV

By the mid afternoon Vince came back. To say I was uncomfortable is an understatement. He made my many of my emotions come through and I hated that. I wanted to protect myself and I've done that for six years. I am alone. My little sister died last year by leukemia. I paid for all of her treatments and I had to drop out of school. I thought she would survive this, but life always takes you my surprise.

"Aurora, you have a table." My manager yells, nodding his head toward Vince's direction.

I take a deep breath and find myself walking toward him. 

I feel a hand grab me back and look up to see my manager looking up at me.

"That's the guy that came here when you were sick. Did he visit you? Do you know him? Do you want me to take his order instead? You could just rest here. I--"

I shrug his hand off me and answer in short responses. "Yes. Not really. No." 

I see him look up and give me a big smile. I roll my eyes and take out my notepad ready to go over there to take his order. 

"Hello, Aurora."

I nod in response.

"An actual response would be nice."

I shrug. "What do you want?"

"You."

I groan. "Again? Another sappy comment coming from you. How many cheesy romantic movies have you watched?"

He chuckles. "You are probably the first woman that hasn't fell for that."

"I feel so special." I say, my reply dripping with sarcasm.

"You should."

"Whatever. Alright Vince what do you want to order?"

"Just a black coffee and a blueberry muffin."

I nod and turn around just to find myself pulled back into his lap. I immediately shove my elbow into his stomach and jump out of his reach.

"Don't touch me."

Before he could respond I walk away. 

It was hard for me to hide my emotions if he kept touching me. It was a weird feeling. As if I could tell him anything. But something was stopping me. I could never tell him my secret. My big, dark, secret. 

VINCE POV

The way she suddenly ripped out of me was a big warning sign blinking in front of me. It's as if she was scared of feeling emotions. As if she was conditioned that it would hurt her in the long run. 

As she comes back with my coffee and look up at her. 

"Can you please sit down?" I ask.

"No, I have other tables to wait."

I smile at her lame excuse. "There are no other tables."

She looks around and bites her lip. "Alright. Whatever."

"Aurora, have you eaten lunch?"

"That's none of your concern."

"Why is it so hard for you to answer a damn question! You're making this so impossible."

"Why do you even care?" 

"Because I think I like you. I think---"

"Stop." 

"No you listen!" I shout.

She flinches back and I continue what I was going to say.

"For once can you please listen? You never explain anything to me. You won't give me a chance. I'm telling you how much you mean to me and you don't care."

"Why should I care? I am just going to be another whore of yours. Just another completed goal."

"I understand why you think that, but I'm telling you right now that I won't do that to you."

She shakes her head. "It's not worth it, Vince. I'm not worth it, so just leave me alone."

She sighs and gets up to leave. I grab her hand one last time and before she reflexes to hit me again, I grab her other hand. 

Her eyes widen in surprise and she gets ready to yell. I quickly stand up and kiss her lightly on the lips. I look down to see a dazed look on her face. 

"Would you be so kind to be my date to my buisness party tomorrow?" 

She nods, still dazed. I smile. "That's a promise, Aurora. I'll see you tomorrow."

She shakes her head and shouts at me. "What! NO!"

"Too late." I chuckle and walk out of there. 

"If you think I'm wearing a dress to that stupid party than you're more idiotic than I thought. You cheated in this. This is not fair. Are you even listening? I --" She continues to ramble as I leave the cafe. 

Such a sarcastic beauty. 

++++++++++++++++++++ 

(The next day) 

Vince Daniel POV

I knock on her door waiting for her to answer. Instead of her answering the door she yells form the inside. 

"It's open!"

 I walk in and I see her in the kitchen drinking some water. Her dress is a midnight blue with a sweetheart neckline. It reaches all the way to the floor with a slit on her right leg. She was the definition of perfection. 

She raised her eyebrow and I cock my head.

"What? You're not gonna say anything like you done yet?"

She shook her head. "I don't care. Can we go now?"

I nodded and put my hand on her lower back. She flinched and she looked uncomfortable, but by the time we arrived to her party, she was comfortable with my touch. I smiled.

Upon our arrival, whispers began to spread. She looked indifferent to what anyone said. As if no one could beat what she already heard. I hated seeing her like that. Like she was completely broken and could not be fixed. 

She looks at my stare and cocks her head. I smile and lean in to kiss her. I was shocked to see her close her eyes and allow me to kiss her. It started with a peck and then I pushed her against the wall. It got hot really fast. I pulled on her lip and she moaned. She was completely intoxicating. I start  to make butterfly kisses down her neck and begin to talk to her.

"Would you be kind enough to join me on a date tomorrow?" I ask.

She pants and nods. 

I smile and look at her clouded eyes. 

"You're saying that we're in a relationship right?"

She nods. "Yes, you idiot. Now come kiss me." 

I lean down to give her a peck and bring her over to the full party. 

"Why did you say yes?" I ask.

"Are you going to make me regret it?' She retorts.

"No. Just wanted a reason."

"I find every reason to trust you. It's a new strange feeling that I hate, but love at the same time. I want to try this. Something completely new." She stares at me with so much love, it makes me realize that I love her as well.

I smile and start to introduce her to my family and buisness partners. Somewhere inbetween she left my arms and gave me a kiss, before going to the bar. 

I roll my eyes and start to talk about contracts, when my mother pulls me away.