Chapter 1 -

Chapter 1 - 

“Mr. Daniels, would you like me to contact Mr. Hughes right now?”

I sigh, rubbing my hands on my face in frustration. “No, that’s fine.”

“But the contract was—“

"It’s fine.” My voice increasing in volume. 

“Alright then. Tell me if you are in need of anything else then, Mr. Daniels.” My secretary gives a tight smile and shut the door harder than necessary. The clock on the wall shakes as the door slams shut and I shake my head. 

 Our past  relationship seems to be the reason for her bitterness towards me, but I couldn't care less. I don't understand why women always wanted to show how much an heartbreak affected  themselves. Showing an nonchalance towards a breakup is attractive as well as intriguing. 

“Mr. Daniels?”

“Yes, Victoria.”

“Um, my name is Laura.”

“Ok then Laura.”

“You never seize to shock me.”

“Can you tell me what you were going  to say prior to that?”

“Wait a second Mr. Daniels!” She shouts fustrated at my indifference.

I grunt and wait for her to start ranting.

"I told you I loved you when you took my viriginity. Does that seem nothing to you now? I told you that-" She shouted on the verge of tears.

“I get it. I’m the biggest asshole you have ever seen. I’m sorry, but you should’ve expected this by now. Now did you come in here to tell me my car is here?” I ask, cutting her off.

Her lips part and she looks at me in disbelief. She nods and I walk past her.

“Mr. Daniels.”

“Yes, Lauren.” I sigh

“It’s Laura.” She says, gritting her teeth.

I nod and raise an eyebrow.

“I’m quitting.”

“That’s wonderful. Just tell the front desk on your way out. Looks like we need to set up another interview."

I turn my back and take the elevator down to the car.  I sit down at the car and look out the window. The stores and people passing by gets me a sense of nostalgia. I haven’t sat down at a table with my family for years. I missed that. I missed the feeling of knowing that there’s someone always home to greet you after a long day of work. Gabe, my driver, stops suddenly. I lurch forward and groan.

“I’m terribly sorry.”

I don’t bother to answer and roll my eyes. I look to my side to see a waitress glancing at my car. I continue to stare. She looks naturally beautiful. Her legs are crossed and she’s sitting on a counter. Her head placed on the counter, with a pen dangling from her fingers. She looks like the definition of perfection.

I feel the car move and I can’t help feel that meeting her was an absolute necessity.

"Gabe stop here." I state not bothering to be polite. 

He gives a quick nod. I open the door and find pedestrians staring and taking pictures. The fame that comes from the status is aggravating. I ignore the stares and whispers and enter the café. There were a few customers here and there. I breathe in the smell of coffee and smile as it overwhelms my nose. I sit down at a booth and look out the window.

A few waiters come up to take my order, but I don’t answer. I just sit there with an air warning off anyone that tells me otherwise. I was going to wait until she came. My head is spinning with thoughts when I hear a voice. It's the sweetest sound I have ever heard and it was coming in my direction. I smile. She’s finally here.

I look up to see the beautiful waitress standing in front of me with a frown on her face.

So incredibly beautiful.

I open my mouth, but she interrupts me before I could even get out a word.

"Look, if you're not going to get anything just leave." She spoke, bluntly.

She definitely is smart mouthed.

"I don't like feeling disrespected."  I reply.

"Neither do I.  But more than that I don’t like wasting my time with people like you." She retorts, nonchalantly.

“Do you know who I am?” I ask.

“No, but I don’t find a need to. You walk in here with your head held up so high. You walk around thinking everyone else is below you. Having confidence is one thing, but having the audacity to think that way is another. You're trash.” She rants.

"I don’t think you've ever seen trash as good looking as this, have you?

"I didn’t know trash could be described with any other adjectives than revolting and repulsive."

I clear my throat in replacement of my lack of a comeback.

"Let's be honest babe, I have something trash doesn’t have, lots of money and a dick."

All of a sudden she smirks and I see a beautiful mischievious glint in her eye. She leans closer until our noses are practically touching. I could just smell her enticing minty breath. She dragged her hands down my chest and I immediately lost all self control.

"Honey," she replies stroking my chin stubble. I lean into her touch and close my eyes. She pulls my chin so my eyes level with hers and says,"When your dick is smaller than the size of a pinky finger on a five year old, you no longer call it a dick. It's just a floating piece of dust near your buttcrack." 

I leaned back stunned and disappointed.  

Before I could even come up with a comeback she left laughing. I saw her lean on the counter and talk to the male waiter. He smiles and she laughs and what she says. He comes toward me to leave a cup of coffee with a receipt that said "On the house, sweetiepie. You must be stressed with your small man problems ;) "

I look up to find her looking right back at me. Her hazel eyes are swirling with amusement. She winks and goes to take the next order.

Tease.

 I leave a fifty dollar bill and walk out the door.