3- Falling into Place

"Okay, so how do you want to get in?" I asked. "Vex said that the sewers lead right up to one of the doors," Brynjolf said, "It's how she managed to get out of there." "Where at?" I asked. "Over there," He said pointing to an area lightly guarded on the far end of the island. "Alright, let's go," I said going into the water.

I quickly turned around and looked at him watching me, "Well hello? Are we going to do this job, or are you going to stare at my ass?" I asked. "Can't I do both, lass?" He asked. Ugh, he's winning at that game. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when he calls me 'lass'. I rolled my eyes, "You do look oddly familiar. I've been to Cyrodiil a long time ago. But I don't quite remember seeing you."

"We never met in Cyrodiil. I have good memory, and I personally didn't talk to a lot of people there. Mainly just the guild, and my mum," I replied. "Really?" He asked as we carefully made our way to the sewer entrance. I looked around near the trap door. "You know, we could probably make it without being seen," I said pointing to the side door of the house.

"Alright," He replied, and quickly made our way there. "You want Aringoth alive?" I asked. "Yeah," He replied, "Then let's head to the safe. Homeowners of houses this big usually keep their safes in the cellar." "You seem to know what you're doing," He said. "I told you, I've worked for another guild," I replied, "It's typical for a homeowner to hide his or her safe in the cellar. Don't judge me for using common sense."

"Okay," He chuckled, "The cellar is this way. I remember from the last time I was here collecting." "Okay," I said sneaking right behind him. He peered down the hallway and backed up a bit. "Alright," He said moving forward. I followed behind him. We walked cautiously until we found a gate. He picked the lock and we rushed into the small area with the stairs. We made our way down them and snuck past the two guards.

We were down a hallway with oil filling the whole thing, I grabbed Brynjolf's arm and yanked him back. "Hey?" He looked at me confused. I pointed to the oil, and the guard at the end of the hallway, "What do you suppose we do? Light it up?" "Too much noise, someone's bound to hear and alert the others. (In the actual game... that doesn't happen... light it up if you want)

"No," I said pulling out my bow. I readied an arrow and let it go. It flew down the hallway and pierced the guy in the head. He fell out of the chair he was sitting in. "That's hopefully it," Brynjolf said carefully walking down the hallway. I followed him and we turned a corner revealing a small room with an end table that had a candle and a coin purse.

"Don't mind if I do," I chuckled grabbing the coin purse and putting it in my pack. "It looks like you're right," He smiled looking at the safe, "But we need a key." "Hmm... that's a complicated lock, but I could probably pick it. Check for a key first. Maybe the guy I killed has one?" I said. "Maybe," He said walking out of the room. I looked under the safe and found the planted key.

"Brynjolf! It was under the safe!" I yelled. He ran back in. "What?" He asked. "It was under the safe," I laughed holding it up. "That's weird. I expected him to have it on him," He frowned, "It's almost like he wants us to empty the thing." "Maybe," I said unlocking the safe and pulling out the papers that were in it. I read them. "Oh my," I said reading it.

"What?" He asked. "Aringoth sold Goldenglow Estate. Is that good or bad?" "What's that idiot thinking?!" He frowned snatching the letter. I pulled out the coin and put it in my pack. Then I picked the lock on the chest and emptied it out as well. Finding a really nice Elven dagger. "Look at that. Elf dagger for the elf," He chuckled. Making me role my eyes. "Very funny, Brynjolf," I said sarcastically.

"Alright, we still have to burn down some of the hives," He said. "There," I said seeing another room connected to this one, "It looks like it leads to the sewers." "Great, let's get out of here," He said. We jumped down into the sewers from the estate and weaved our way through them.