Prologue

It's morning in the city of Riften, the capitol of The Rift. The Rift is one of the nine holds of Skyrim. But not only that, Riften holds the primary location of what is commonly known as the Thieves Guild. Where it gets a very... unique reputation.

In the main market place, the city is alive. People from all around have traveled her for their goods that are shipped in through the docks. The city in its prime. Gold and jewels lining everyone's pockets... Ripe for the taking.

One 6-year-old, dark haired, little dunmer girl from Honorhall Orphanage, took this as a very golden opportunity. She sits outside the orphanage door with a small cup in hand hoping to receive some charity. Saving it for her future outside of the orphanage and Grelod the Kind's shackles.

Everyone hated the woman, and she hates children. Those outside of Riften have no idea what she's like... But those inside of the city walls do know what's going on. So they ignored this little girl and watched the older men and women holding cups.

A man at his own stall. His long dark hair was in a low pony tail with a few strands hanging near his face. He wore typical green fine clothes with fine boots. However, he felt real out of place in them. She didn't know who he was, only seen him around every now and again.

A woman stopped in front of her. She had beautiful dark blue-gray skin, and stunning glass-like purple eyes. Her black hair was brushed behind her pointed ears. She was a dark elf. She was wearing a similar outfit to the man across the way, only hers was blue. Noble clothes weren't varied much in color or style.

The elf gave the little dunmer girl a smile and dropped a few gold coins in her cup. "Here you go darling girl," She said to the child. Her eyes on the girl. "Thank you, miss," The little girl said. The woman began to walk past her, and the little girl swiftly reached into her pocket and pulled out a ring.

Little did the child know, the man across the way had spotted her. But he only smiled. He didn't get angry, and he didn't stop her. He smiled at her swiftness, at the fact that the dark elf didn't know that she'd done it. She quickly slipped it in her pouch and continued to hold her cup out for coins.

Once nighttime rolled around, the place became quite. The once lively marketplace had died down to a few people here and there, the man walked over to the little girl looking through all the things that she'd pick-pocketed from the unknowing nobles and high-class visitors.

"Hello, Child," He greeted. "Hello sir," The little girl smiled looking up. "You seem to be in luck today," He said. "I'm sorry?" She asked standing up after pouring the gold she'd scored into her bag. "I've been watching you for a while now, and even more closely after you pick-pocketed my friend," He said, "By the way... I'll take that ring back."

"Oh, you saw that?" She frowned. "You're not in trouble, dear. I'd do the same if I was forced to live with that rude old hag," Then he snorted, "I'd do it anyway." The girl searched through all the rings she'd stolen, "I'm sorry sir, but I can't quite remember which one it was." "That's alright. It was silver with three flawless amethysts on it. The middle one much bigger than the other two." "Does it have an engraving on it?" She asked.

"Yes," He answered as she pulled the ring out. She handed it to him, and he smiled looking at it. "What is it?" She asked looking at the small bird symbol. It's wings were out and there was a circle between the tips of the wings. "Maybe one day you'll understand it," He said putting the ring in his pocket.

"Is that all you'd like? Or is there more you want from me?" She asked getting a little impatient. Grelod the Kind will come looking for her, and then she'll be punished. "Yes, how about... You come with me and my friend here?" He asked as the stunning dunmer woman entered the scene.