Alice

As soon as the sun reached its peak, Garroth and I started up the hill towards Lady Aphmau's house. The hill was swarmed with people wanting to get a look at the new daughter of Irene, but Katelyn, Richard, and Dante were doing a pretty good job of keeping them at bay.

"You can see Lady Aphmau when Lady Aphmau is ready! Now, if I see so much as one more new face around here, I will kick you out of Phoenix Drop!" Katelyn yelled, anger clear in her voice. Immediately people started to disperse, not wanting to get on Lady Katelyn's bad side.

"Nice tactics Katelyn. Ever the wordsmith." Dante shook his head, laughing slightly. He walked to the nearest tree and slid down, wiping away sweat.

"I don't care what I say, as long as people do what I want!" She retorted, arms folded. Then she turned towards Garroth and me.

"Hey you two! Here to see the baby?" Garroth grinned, giving her a nod.

"Yep!" I replied, adding a spring to my step. "I can't wait to see her! Babies are so cute!" Garroth chuckled while Katelyn rolled her eyes.

"You're just like every other woman in the village. And to think I thought you were different." I giggled, brushing my hair out of my face.

"Never assume Lady Katelyn." She snorted, shaking her head at my antics as we passed her and the others before going up to the door. Garroth pulled open the door to the sounds of laughter and joy.

I smiled, reaching down and taking his hand in mine. He looked over, a warm smile on his lips. I kissed him on the cheek before going inside, getting swallowed by the crowd.

In the kitchen was everyone from the original Phoenix Drop, the Phoenix Drop before Lady Irene. Garroth had introduced me to all of them, and they had all welcomed me with open arms.

That's what I loved most about these people. They were all so warm and loving and kind, nothing like the friends I had back home. If I could even consider them friends.

Speaking of home, Nana bounced over, a large smile on her face. Her tail was constantly moving behind her back, the cute pink bow waving constantly. I followed it with my eyes, fighting the childish urge to pounce on it. My own tail twitched, and Nana laughed.

"Alicia~Chan! Stop acting like a kitten!" I jolted my eyes away and looked at my sister, blushing slightly.

"Not my fault your bow is distracting!" I pouted, giving her my most childish look. She giggled, her tail curling over her shoulder. Garroth laughed, squeezing my hand. Nana followed my arm and saw our intertwined hands. Her eyes lit up, and I watched as she bit her lip, suppressing the urge to start attacking me with questions.

Garroth saw it and immediately pulled me away. I laughed, and he squeezed my hand tighter. "How about we go and see that little girl now, huh?" He asked, leaning in close to my ear so he could be heard. I nodded, a slight shiver going down my spine as I felt his breath against my skin.

I hadn't kissed him, like fully on the lips, since we confessed to each other. I wanted to kiss him again, but I didn't want to rush things. All that mattered was that he was holding my hand.

He was still looking into my eyes, and I realized that he did that a lot. I smiled, giving him a nod before he started leading me through the crowd and up the steps. I kept my tail close, and any time anyone bumped into my scars, my ears immediately pressed against my head.

Finally, we made it to the top, and he knocked on Aphmau's door. Zoey pulled it open, looking exhausted. She gave us her best smile before letting us in. We were greeted by the cooing of a baby, the giggle of a child, and the laughter of men.

Two men, most likely Levin and Malachi, were sitting on the edge of the bed, watching their little sisters. Lilith was right next to Aphmau, playing very gently with the little bundle. She had beautiful blue eyes that would most likely change as she grew older, black fuzz on top of her head, and very pale skin. She was grabbing at Lilith's hair and fingers, strong enough to hold on.

And the there was Lady Aphmau who was half-asleep. She held Alina loosely, and her head lolled against the pillow. Her hair was sprawled across the pillow, and her skin looked paler than before. But her eyes opened every so often to look down at Alina, the corners of her lips raising into a smile.

The blonde haired man glanced over at us, giving me a smile. "Hi, I'm Levin, and this is my brother Malachi. It's a pleasure to meet you!" I gave him a smile, reaching out my hand and shaking theirs.

"I'm Alice, Kawaii~Chan's sister." Malachi nodded, looking back at his mother.

"I figured. Mom was telling us about you yesterday. Anyway, would you like to meet Alina?" As we meet the adorable little girl that would be the talk of the village for a while, I smiled.

Maybe someday, maybe not too far into the future, I might be able to have a family just like this.