Travis

I sat down at the table with Katelyn, Aphmau, Garroth, Dante, and Richard. We were having a meeting of lords and guards, and, even though Aphmau was taking it easy, she still wanted to know what was going on. Her stomach was definitely swollen, and she looked ten times more tired. But at the same time, she looked way healthier that she had a week ago. Looking at Garroth, I could tell that all of her stress was now on his shoulders, and it was slowly weighing him down as well.

I glanced at Richard, who was smiling and leaning back in his chair. He had joined the Phoenix Drop Guard about five months ago, and he had proven to be a great addition. I didn't know much about his past, but from what I had heard, he had been an orphan in Scaleswind before Kiki had found him and took care of him. When Kiki moved to the Phoenix Capital, he had left his post in Scaleswind and had come here. He seemed like a good man, and I trusted him. Just... not completely yet.

"I don't think anything of importance has happened within the last couple of months besides Dale, Molly, Cory, and Emma arriving. I think that all of our business is comple-" Lady Aphmau was cut of by a knock on the door. She frowned and started to stand, but I stood before she could and moved towards the door.

"Don't get up unless you need to m'lady." I could feel the eye roll from over here.

Going to the door, I pulled it open to see two guards wearing what looked like Bright Port uniforms. I frowned, making sure that I was the only thing they could see.

"What brings you two gentlemen to Phoenix Drop today? Is something the matter with Lord John?" The first one, a tall man with a long mustache, shook his head, slightly nervous and confused.

"Sir, we are here looking for Sir Garroth." I swore I hear something fall to the ground as I smiled at them, confusion in my mind.

"Please, come in." I pulled the door open further and ushered them in towards the kitchen table where everyone was still sitting. Garroth was standing up, nerves on edge. His chair was lying on the ground, almost as if it had fallen when he stood up quickly.

"Here's Sir Garroth. Please, tell him the message." The guards looked around the room, clearly worried about speaking in front of everyone.

"It's alright." Lady Aphmau spoke up, her hands resting on her stomach. "Whoever it was would have wanted you to tell all of us."

"We met a man outside of the Nether portal, and it seemed like he had just emerged. He was very adamant in telling us to flee, but he made sure that we had a message for you sir." She nodded at Garroth who was still ok edge. "He wanted us to tell you that your lost brother is coming home? I believe that is all." The guards bowed slightly before leaving the room, clearly anxious to be getting back to Bright Port.

The silence in the room was deafening. Garroth slumped against the wall, clearly dazed. Aphmau's eyes were wide with shock, as were Dante's. Katelyn looked like she was about to explode with rage, and Richard looked confused. I didn't know how to feel. I knew that I should be expecting this , but I didn't want it to be true. I thought we had finally been done with this...

"I-I don't understand. What does that mean?" Richard questioned, looking around at the blank stares. Katelyn leapt up with a growl, claws unsheathed.

"It means multiple things. One, Vylad could be on his way back. Better yet, Laurance could be back. But the worst possibility?" She paused, eyes on fire. "It could mean that Zane Ro'Meave is alive and well." When she spoke those words out loud, it suddenly became true. Aphmau burst into tears, suddenly unable to hold them back. Dante wrapped his arms around her, trying to soothe her. Garroth punched the wall, anger boiling over. Richard looked concerned, realizing the severity of the situation. I went over to Katelyn, placing my hand on her elbow. She looked over at me, and I was burned by the intense hatred in her eyes.

"It's not fair!" Aphmau bawled, crying into Dante's chest. "Why does Zane get to come back while he's trapped there?!" She sobbed even harder, but I frowned.

"Aph? What do you mean he's trapped there?" Her sobs came to a halt, her breath hitching. I exchanged a glance with Katelyn, both of us confused.

What did she mean? Was there something that she was hiding from us?