Never Let Go

'One more year', I kept telling myself. 'One more year.' It's the first day of my senior year, and the first day I would have to face the challenges put in front of me. I was deciding what to wear, but then again, who am I really trying to impress? No one.

I decided to just wear jeans and a t-shirt. My usual outfit. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Same thing as yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that. I had dark brown hair that was cut at my shoulders. In fact, almost everything about me was brown. Brown hair, brown eyes, brown freckles, you name it. Most of the people that don't like me call me shit head. I don't bother to give them my acknowledgements. I stood at about 5"6' and and had a few curves. My nails were unclean and my hair was wavy, but I could care less on how I looked.

I must have been staring into space because I noticed the time out of the corner of my eye. I was running late. Again. I fondled my car keys in my hand and searched for my shoes. Once I got everything together I walked out of the house and stepped in my little Honda Civic. My parents never were awake this early in the morning. They usually get up right before I get home. They have always enjoyed sleep. 'A little too much' I thought to myself.

I only lived 5 minutes away from school. Or hell as I like to call it. New year, new classes, new teachers, new frustrations. I could only imagine how long this year was going to be.

I pulled in the student parking lot, only to see the usual. Sluts and jocks. A few of them called "Hey shit head! The toilets calling your name!", but I just stared forward and walked. Then I heard a familiar voice I was very happy to hear.

"Hey! Hey, Jensen! Wait up!"

I quickly turned around to see a short figure with bouncing black curls running towards me. She always had a spring in her step, like there wasn't a problem in the world.

"Hey Larissa! I've seen you haven't grown much over the summer." Larissa always goes to a foreign place ALL summer, so I never get to see her.

"Oh be quiet. Why do you think I try to make my hair big?" She pointed at her the poof on the top of her head and I couldn't help but suppress a laugh.

We started walking to our homeroom to get our schedules for this year. I felt the impending doom as a walked down the hallway.

My homeroom teacher, Mrs. Doudy, never liked me. Apparently I have a "poor work ethic" and don't pay attention to anything she says. I could disagree, considering I always had A's in her class.

"Ms. Jensen Cooper. I suspect you will be in lower level classes this year?" She gave me a little smirk. I wanted to slap it off of her plastic-looking face.

Instead I smiled and said, "Actually, for your information, I only have 4 credits I need to take this year. I doubled up every year since I was a freshman. But you wouldn't know that, now would you?"

That shut her up. I took my schedule and walked out with confidence. I guess you could say I could smell the freedom of graduating. Somehow Larissa seemed to wander out of my sight. I guess she bounced over to another friend.

I walked outside and sat outside the door. I covered my schedule with my hand to block it from the sun so I could read it.

1st Block- AP English 12- Room D28- Mrs. Matson.

2nd Block- Theatre Performance- Room C11- Mrs. Pudder.

3rd Block- Physical Education- GYM- Coach Barnes.

4th Block- Vocal Ensemble- E13- Mrs. Sanger.

There were normally 6 blocks, but like I said I only need 4. My schedule doesn't surprise me. AP (Advanced Placement) English. I love English. I love to read and write more than anything. But there is one thing that will always beat English, and that is theatre. I am a theatre kid. No doubt about it. I love musicals, dramas, almost anything. and even better, I love it more when I am performing.

Now, my 3rd block surprised me. I knew I needed a gym class, but I have no idea who the teacher is. Coach Barnes. It seemed as if every male teacher in the school went by "coach". What happened to Mrs. Grant? As if it mattered. I was just determined to get that class out of the way. I purposely signed up for Vocal Ensemble. I also loved to sing.

1st block was about to start, so I stood up and started heading through the door. I looked back at my schedule to see the room number, and I felt a jolt as a metal door slammed me in the face. I instantly fell backwards, butt first in the ground. I didn't bother moving at first, I just laid there.

"Oh no, are you alright?" I looked up to see the figure that had almost knocked me unconscious. I was about to blurt out, 'HEY. WHY DONT YOU WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING, HUH?', until I saw him. He hovered over me a good 6 feet tall. He had wavy black hair and enormous green eyes. I could almost get lost in them. His skin tone was tan, and he had pearly white teeth. I could practically measure his six pack through his shirt. I didn't realize I was staring until he bent down a little further.

"Are you ok? I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." He said, with an apologetic smile.

I honestly was at a lost for words. I don't get crushes often, or barley even look at guys. But I couldn't take my eyes off him. I took his hand that he offered out, and he pulled me up. He had a firm grip, and I could see the muscles in his arms.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine." I didn't know if I should walk away, or talk to him, or what. So I did the first thing that popped into my head.

"I'm Jensen Cooper, and you are?" I had a certain tone in my voice that sounded like I was uncomfortable.

"It's nice to meet you. My name is Coach Barnes."

Now I was uncomfortable.