Chapter 8 - If You Gave Me A Chance.

Niall's POV

“I can show you how someone is supposed to treat their partner, or loved one. I’ll show you why you shouldn’t go back to Zayn. I’ll show you how much I can care for you and not make you cry every day.” I was incredulous, I couldn’t believe him, was he crazy?

“Josh! You’re my best friend; you don’t even like me like that, so it’s pointless!” I rolled my eyes and I sat down on the sofa while he joined me looking deep into my eyes.

“I do though, Niall. I do feel for you like that. I like you, Niall as more than a friend!” My eyes shot open. I was speechless. No he couldn't like me, he was my best friend, for God's sake! Why did he have to tell me this just right at this moment when I was broken? Couldn't he have told me before? Ugh, now I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. But thinking of it I could have given him a chance, after all he stayed with me this whole year helping me and most of all he didn’t leave me. But, I knew I couldn't forget Zayn and I didn’t want to use Josh.

"Josh, you know I love him" I finally spoke up, though he sighed.

"I know Niall, but we both know that you can't forgive him after what he did to you. And you can't stay chasing after him forever!"

"I know, but Josh, I still love him."

"Please Niall; give me a chance, just one! Let me take you on a date tomorrow and then we will see if this can work out." he asked me.

I lowered my glance, like I couldn't look straight into his eyes. Oh God, He asked me on a date. And what did I have to do? I didn't want to say no and hurt his feelings, but I didn’t want to just use him.

"Please Niall" he said putting a finger under my chin, raising my head. Now he was looking into my eyes with a pleasing look. "Please, just one chance. I promise, you won't regret it." Maybe I could give it a shot, after all what else did I have to lose. I just hope I won't end up hurting my best friend's feelings.

"Okay, but I can't promise you anything." His face immediately lit up with a smile. He leaned him and pecked me on the lips lightly. He stood up from the couch and went upstairs almost jumping for joy and screaming

 "Tomorrow, be ready for 7 o'clock." I sighed and went to my room.

*The day after*

That morning was quite awkward though it wasn’t Josh; he was acting normal, like nothing had happened the day before. It was all me, I was really nervous for the date actually, so I tried to avoid him all the day. It was now quarter past six, so I thought it was time to get ready.

I quickly showered and I went in front of the closet opening it and trying to find something to wear. Well, Josh is my best friend and he knew me really well, so I didn't have to give a good first impression. But still, I felt so nervous and I just couldn't pick up any outfit. I stayed in front of my closet for like forever, Gosh I sound so girly!

After minutes and minutes of thinking, I finally decided to put a grey t-shirt, some really black skinny jeans, a black cardigan and white converse. Nothing too fancy, I just hope I chose the right outfit.