Strange Frequencies

We walked through the cold, dark woods. Theo held my hand in his, keeping me close. It was quiet, we weren't speaking. I was trying to think of a way to tell Stiles about Theo and I and Theo was probably trying to find a way to get us out of here. I looked up towards Theo, watching as the moonlight shined down on him. He smiled, I had been caught.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked and looked down at me. I shrugged, he chuckled and looked straight ahead, leading us down a path.

"You know we have to tell Stiles right?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm trying to find a way to tell him.

"Speaking of Stiles.." Theo sighed, I looked at him confused until a flash of light blinded us and Stiles' voice was heard,

"Jaylen!" I quickly let go of Theo's hand and turned to face the jeep coming straight at us. I'm guessing Scott called Stiles.

The jeep came to a halt as Stiles and Scott jumped out.

"Scott called, are you okay?" Stiles asked, looking me over.

I nodded, "What the hell are you doing out here?!" Stiles then exclaimed.

"One of the Dread Doctors were in my room and you weren't there and I got scared. No one was there."

Stiles eyed Theo, "You brought her out here?" "No, I helped her. She was going to fall." Stiles turned to me and I slightly nodded, letting him know it was true.

To my surprise, Stiles thanks him. Stiles grabbed my arm, "Let's go, I'm taking you back."

I pulled my arm out of his grasp, "I don't want to go back there Stiles, can you just take me home, please?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll call Scott and let him know. He'll tell his mom." Stiles began to push me towards the jeep,

"Theo - " I stopped. Looking behind me, Theo was gone, again.

Stiles opened the passenger door for me, helping me get in. He closed the door and pulled out his phone.

"Yeah, I'll pick up her stuff later. Thanks, Scott." He put the phone into his pocket. Stiles put the jeep into park and began to drive us out of the woods.

***

I walked up the stairs after Stiles. I watched Stiles walk into his room and I went into mine. I looked at my bedside table, seeing my phone,

"How did that get there?" I asked myself.

I turned around and slumped down onto my bed, closing my eyes and feeling relaxed, not bothering to take off the hospital gown.

"Hey, Im heading to Scott's, there's another Chimera." Stiles' voice was heard as he entered my room.

"I'll go too. I don't want to be alone. Let me change real quick." He closed the door to allow me to change. I quickly threw on whatever I could find that was in the closet.

I walked downstairs to meet Stiles. We both left the house and got into his jeep. Once we arrived at Scott's house, we ran into Scott's room, seeing him knocking on his bathroom door.

"Hayden? It's Scott."

Hayden? I knew her, she was in my math class.

"I know that you're scared, but we just want to help." Scott softly spoke to her.

Scott turned around and walked towards Liam when she didn't answer.

"I can hear her heart beating, she's really freaked out. What happened?" Scott asked Liam.

"She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." Liam explained to us,

"Why?" I questioned.

He shrugged, "I don't know."

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Stiles asked Liam, making sure Liam was sure about it.

"She said she heard voices saying, 'Your condition improves'.."

"Okay that's unsettling." I spoke, Liam agreed with me.

It was Stiles' turn to walk up to the bathroom door, "Hayden, this is Stiles." He spoke to her, "Your sister works for my dad down at the station. Look just open the door okay? You can trust us." The door didn't make a sound, Hayden wasn't going to come out.

"We just need to tell you the truth Hayden, and that kind of thing is usually better face-to-face.." Scott spoke out.

Liam sat down on Scott's bed. I sighed and walked up to the door, making Stiles back up.

I softly knocked, "Hayden? It's me Jaylen, you sit behind me in math." I turned to face Scott, he nodded at me, urging me to continue.

"I know what you're going through okay? When I found out Scott was a werewolf, I was a bit freaked out.. okay that was a lie, I don't know what you're going through..maybe you can come out and talk about it with me?" We waited for a sound of movement but there wasn't any sound.

I chuckled, "If you don't open the door, Scott is going to have to break it down." Liam chuckled also,

"If you don't believe us, that's okay. We just want to know that you're okay." We waited in silence, waiting for her to come out on her own. I looked at Scott, Stiles and Liam and shrugged.

"I don't think she's coming out of there." The sound of the bathroom door unlocking made all of us look at the door as it slowly opened.

Hayden stood there, claws and fangs out, along with her glowing yellow eyes. She looked at the four of us and looked down at her claws.

"I believe you."