Parasomnia

"Stiles, really?" I sighed in frustration.

Ever since last night with Theo,all Stiles has been talking about was how he doesn't trust Theo and how he knows Theo isn't Theo.

"I don't trust him, Jaylen. I ran a background check and found a speeding ticket - "

"You found a speeding ticket and you're suspicious of this guy?" Malia repeated Stiles' sentence.

He nodded, "..Which was signed by Theo's dad, eight years ago."

"And?" I questioned, not knowing what was wrong with that.

"Everyone speeds." Malia stated, I agreed with her.

"The people who are trying to get away from something always speed." Stiles defended his evidence.

"Well how many speeding tickets do you have?" Malia questioned Stiles and crossed her arms.

I smirked at him, knowing the answer to her question.

"None." He quickly responded.

I scoffed, "Stiles, how many would you have if dad didn't get you out of them?" I restated Malia's question with more details.

He looked between Malia and I, "Seventeen."

"And you're worried about Theo's one and only ticket?" I asked him, he nodded.

Malia sighed, "I don't know Stiles, I mean I get why you're worried," Stiles perked up and looked at his girlfriend.

"He's really hot, has perfect hair, perfect teeth - "

"Perfect body." I added on for Malia, who nodded at me.

Stiles waved his hand at me, "Don't." He threatened. I held my arms up in surrender and backed up.

"Stiles, I see why you should feel threatened." Malia continued. Suggesting Stiles was only worried about Theo because of Theo's good looks.

"Thank you. Because I do. Now more than ever." Stiles stated, looking between Malia and I, knowing that 2/3 of the girls in his life, think Theo is hot.

As Stiles and Malia continued to talk about Theo's speeding ticket, I turned to the car that had pulled up in front of the school. Theo hopped out and immediately spotted us. He flashed us a smile with his perfect teeth and waved. I returned the smile and the wave.

"Why are you so suspicious of him? Look at him." I said to Stiles as I watched Theo walk towards the entrance of the school. Stiles stood next to and watched Theo as well.

"I remember Theo from fourth grade okay? That's not Theo."

***

"I was skating in a neighbor's empty pool, trying to do a handplant. Nobody was home." Stiles had dragged me out of class to take me into the boys locker room where Theo and Scott were. He wanted to prove that Theo wasn't Theo.

Theo was telling us how the story of he first got bit and Stiles needed me, another brainiac, as he would said, to help him find a flaw in Theo's story.

"I'm not that good of a skateboarder, but I guess I was feeling pretty determined because I completely lost track of time. I didn't even realize it was night until the yard lights came on." He continued.

I turned to Stiles to see him suspiciously eyeing Theo. I looked at Scott and knew he was listening to his heartbeat, waiting for it to speed up in a lie. I was leaned up against the lockers, trying to get accustomed to the nasty smell.