ONE LIFE STAND CHAPTER ONE

This chapter is dedicated to blue_flames for conducting an awesome interview. She has a compilation of interviews called The Wattpad Stars(INTERVIEWS!)-Part 1, and she honored me with a request for an interview. With REAL questions. Anyway, check her interviews out and vote and comment. Just click on the dedication link there. :-)

CHAPTER ONE

ALICE

I didn't know how to feel when I finally woke up. One part of me was still just unbelievably, uncontrollably...satisfied. But the other part of me-the smart, sane and cautious side-was just plain terrified. What had I done? My mind kept screaming that question at me until a slow pounding started in my left temple. This was Angel Stewart we were talking about here! This was a guy who was never seen with the same girl more than once and if he was, that only meant that he hadn't slept with her yet!

'And you so stupidly got drunk and threw yourself at him in one night!' I scoffed at my stupidity and sat up in the large king sized bed, gathering the sheets around my body and tucking the corners behind me. I began to take notice of the things that I had been too drunk to even care about the night before. For a guy, Angel's room was surprisingly clean and organized. I mean, even my dad threw the occasional t-shirt on the bedroom floor and suffered the wrath of my mom as a result. But this room...it was almost like it was plucked from the catalog of a furniture sales paper.

His giant four poster bed was covered with a comforter and sheet set that was not your average run-of-the-mill Wal-Mart clearance rack bargain buy. The tough and comfy fabric just screamed money. He had a couple of posters on the wall just like your average teenage boy would. One was of some scary looking wrestler guy with sweat dripping from his long, greasy looking hair and his eyes were rolling back in his head. The other was a swimsuit shot of a girl who was obviously playboy bunny of the year, and just looking at her made me pull the sheet tighter around my body.

"Well I'll never look like that." I said to myself as I allowed my eyes to take in the rest of the room. His dresser also looked expensive, but I couldn't tell you how I came to that conclusion. The room was just so clean that everything looked more valuable. The most valuable thing in the room, though, was obviously the safe that had been bolted to the floor. It stood three feet tall and had a numeric keypad on the left hand side of it. "Now what does he need with that thing?"

"It's where I keep my valuables. Duh..."

I yelped in surprise as Angel strutted into the room from a door that I hadn't noticed in the corner. Not one stitch of clothing covered his fabulous body, and I felt myself practically melt into his sheets as all my muscles gave out on me. It was a good thing I was already sitting, otherwise I would definitely be face-down on the floor. Damn, that boy had a body.

"And what kind of valuables are those?" I asked, trying to mask the evidence of his effect on me.

He shrugged and fell down onto the bed beside me. "You know. Money, guns, drugs, old report cards, baseball cards-that kinda stuff..." He said it so matter-of-factly that I was sure he wasn't serious.

I stared at him for a full minute before speaking. "You can't be for real?"

He chuckled and reached out to grab a lock of my hair and run it through his fingers. "Guy's gotta make a living." He said simply.

"But...you talk about it like it's normal. I mean-you used the words guns and drugs in the same sentence as report cards and baseball cards!" I had always suspected what Angel and his best friend Bobby did for money, everyone did. But for him to talk about it like it was nothing really floored me.