Chapter 13

Kai's POV

"Ah, isn't it great to be back in my temple instead of in that terrible cave, Clouse?" Chen said for the millionth time since they'd taken over the temple once again.

"Yes, of course, master," Clouse sighed, tired of having to answer the same question over and over again.

"Now," Chen turned to me, his eyes filled with hunger, "We've gotten the temple back, so can I have my Staff?"

"No, not yet." I moved the Staff out of reach of Chen.

"But we've captured all your silly ninja friends!" Chen protested.

"Yes, but I have yet to retrieve Lloyd! I honestly could care less about my other friends." I rolled my eyes at the pathetic excuse of a cult leader.

"Hmph," Chen sat back in his throne-like chair.

He has all his buttons again, so he should really stop complaining. Plus, I let him command his minions around. Honestly, I'm being generous around here. I thought to myself.

"You'd get your Staff back sooner if you're blithering idiots that you call followers could find and bring me the Green Ninja!" I said aloud.

"That's not my fault!" Chen shot back. I shook my head, rolling my eyes in return.

The doors to the hall burst open, and two of Chen's followers walked in roughly escorting none other than Skylor into the room.

"I said I was coming to see my father! Willingly, might I add! If you don't get those swords off of my back this instant, I swear both of you are going to regret it!" Skylor was shouting at the men.

"Skylor! Release her at once!" Chen abruptly stood up from his chair.

The guards held their swords upright and away from Skylor on Chen's command.

"Ah, Skylor! Have you come to join my side once again?" Chen smiled.

"Of course, father. I figured once Kai went over to your side I thought he made the right choice. I've been trying to capture Lloyd for you," Skylor looked at me, "but when I was close, he figured out what I was planning. He escaped, but he couldn't have gotten far. After all, we control the island."

"What about the elemental masters? About the alliance we had formed?" I asked Skylor.

"Once they saw that you turned away from them and the rest of the ninja went missing, they reverted back to their 'every man for themselves' idea of thinking. In other words, they disbanded." Skylor responded.

"Well then! How about we all go look for Lloyd then? Let's end this once and for all," I stated.

"Do you mean I have to keep walking all over this forsaken island?? But, I just got my temple back!" Chen whined.

"Do you want to ever regain your Staff? Or do you not care? If you do, I suggest you shut up and do what I said!" I growled at Chen who glared in return.

Finally he consented, "Fine. If it means I get my Staff back sooner then so be it." Chen turned back to the guards, "You heard him. Get the others together and search the island! Let's go, Clouse."

And with that Chen, Clouse and the guards left the room. I grabbed Skylor's arm before she exited as well.

"I don't believe a word you just said," I told her.

Skylor pulled her arm out of my grasp, "All of it was true. For the most part at least. I didn't come back to be with my father. I honestly couldn't care less what happens to him."

"So, why are you here? To trick me again?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

She blinked, "No of course not! I'm here because of you! I want to be with you!"

I felt my face heating up, "W-What?"

A smile spread slowly across Skylor's face,"I mean at first, I was against what you were doing. I mean, down in the underground temple everything happened so fast. I didn't know what to think. However, the more I thought about it the more I saw that you were right!"

"Really?" I breathed. "How could you have felt like I do though? You have equal amount of power as the Staff of Elements. You've always had extreme amounts of power."

"I had that power. But that's besides the point. Would you rather have me be against you?" Skylor raised an eyebrow at me.

"No! Of course I want to be with you! I-I mean, I want to work with you." My face flushed further.

Skylor chuckled, "That's what I thought."

She intertwined her hand with mine making my heart skip a beat or two.

"Shall we go hunt for the Green Ninja then?" Skylor asked.

My gripped tightened on the Staff of Elements, "Let's."

                                ~¥~
________________________________________
I loved writing this chapter because I got to include some Kailor in it. I love those two! Not as much as I love Jay and Nya tho ;). Anyways, sorry this chapter is a bit on the short side. I hate writing short chapters, but I think Kai's POV should be added every once in a while. Just to keep updated on what's going on with him, you know?

Thanks for your support and I'm glad you guys enjoy this!

Vote?
Comment?
Thanks for reading!