Chapter 3

Skylor's POV

My room wasn't as decorated as the other elemental fighter's rooms, unlike the other rooms my room showed nothing that could tell you anything about my powers. For the most part, it was a normal looking bedroom. A painting hung on the wall of my father. I stared at it for a while thinking about all that happened in this tournament.

Should I keep this painting after all of this is over? I mean, look at all the things my father has done to us. I'm not very fond of him. I decided I'd take the portrait down as soon as possible.

I sat on the edge of my bed. Lloyd sat next to me whilst the rest of the ninja and Nya stood around me. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Lloyd and I have something to tell you guys." I said.

"Ok then. Tell the rest of us." Cole stated.

Lloyd and I exchanged a glance and then I began my explanation. I told the others all about Kai and my plan to stop my father and destroy the Staff of Elements.

"We had to wait until Chen had taken Lloyd's element, the last one he needed. Then when he thought he had won, Kai and me surprise attacked him and Clouse. Everything was going exactly how we planned up until Kai got his hands on the Staff of Elements." I stopped.

Lloyd began where I left off, "Kai grabbed the Staff of Elements and freed me. Then he attacked the rest of Chen's followers and Clouse. The power inside the Staff was too much for Kai to handle. It— it corrupted him, or at least started to. He...he shouted at me saying things about how he should be the Green Ninja, not me. After that he attacked us and injured Skylor. I always knew Kai used to be jealous of me, and that he wanted to be the Green Ninja. I didn't think he'd take it this far though..."

"So do either of you know what happened to Kai after the elemental masters and us burst into the scene?" Jay asked.

Lloyd and I shook our heads.

Nya went over to the bedside table and picked up her Samurai X helmet she had placed there. Then she headed for the door.

"Where are you going, Nya?" Jay asked her.

"I'm going to find my brother." She turned her back on the door and faced us, "You're all welcome to come with me."

"What?" I stood up from the bed, "You can't just go wandering around the island! Kai's dangerous at the moment and a power-crazed lunatic."

"My brother's not a lunatic!" Nya shot back at me. "If you don't want to help me then fine, but you can't stop me. I'm going wether you like it or not."

"Nya, think this through. Skylor's right. We need a plan." Cole spoke up.

"The longer we wait there's a higher chance something worse will happen to Kai! Clouse and Chen are still wandering around this island as well, and if Kai has Chen's staff then they'll be hunting him down! I'm not about to lose the only brother I have!" Nya faced the door again and reached for the handle.

Jay tried to reason with Nya, "What if something happens to you though. What if—" 

"I can take care of myself!" Nya whipped around and stared daggers at Jay with her dark royal blue eyes.

Jay closed his mouth and his gaze fell to the floor.

"I'm leaving." Nya placed her helmet on her head and opened the door, walking out she slammed it behind her.

"There's no doubt she's Kai's sister. They've got the same temper." Cole muttered under his breath.

"I'm going to go after her. She'll need help looking for Kai." Jay started toward the door.

"Oh no you don't, bluebell." Cole stepped in front of Jay and blocked the doorway. "No one else is going off running around this island looking for anyone without some sort of plan first."

"But Nya, she—"

"Can handle herself. You're right, Jay. Nya's a tough girl, tougher than most of us. She'll be fine on her own for now. Once we make a plan, we can find her and help search for Kai. Which leads us to making a plan: how are we going to find, and save, Kai?" Cole looked around the room, open for suggestions.

"I know this island like the back of my hand." I piped up, "After all, Chen is my father. We could split up into groups and check places around the island for Kai. We can recruit the other elemental masters to help us as well. A few can stay and guard the temple , and search the inner temple for signs of Kai, Chen, or Clouse, or any of his minions who we have already apprehended."

Cole nodded, "Sounds like a good plan to start with. Anybody disagree or have a different suggestion?"

No one raised their hand for a suggestion or spoke out against my plan. It made me feel good inside that these guys supported me. It made me feel like part of their team.

"Ok, well it seems your plan won the votes, Skylor." Cole gave me a friendly smile.

I smiled, "Ok then. We've got to keep in mind that Kai right now has a grudge against Lloyd." I turned to Lloyd, "I think the safest thing for you to do right now is to be a part of the the group that stays here at the temple. We don't want you to get injured or worse if you happen to be wandering the island and come across Kai."

Lloyd opened his mouth to protest but shut it. He sighed, "You're probably right."

I patted Lloyd's back, "Thanks for understanding." I then stood up, "Ok then, let's go meet the other elemental masters and put this plan into action!"

Don't worry Kai. We're going to save you. Let's just hope we aren't too late once we find you.

                                 ~¥~
________________________________________
I'm enjoying writing this :3.
I hope you guys are enjoying reading this! Feedback and constructive criticism are welcome!

Vote?
Comment?
Thank you all so much for reading!!